A joint venture between Precision Flight Controls (PFC) and Ryan Aerospace (Australia) has seen the development of a new, cost-effective helicopter simulator which has just received certification under Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) rules as an Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD).
The device is reconfigurable between the Bell 206 and Bell 407 but can also be used as a generic rotary wing training aircraft. The new helicopter simulator was launched almost a year ago at I/ITSEC, the world’s largest military training and simulation event in Orlando, Florida USA and has now passed vigorous testing with the FAA to achieve this certification.
President and CEO of PFC, Mike Altman, said he was proud of the work that had been done to achieve this major milestone.
Managing Director and Founder of Ryan Aerospace (Australia) Chris Ryan said “this is a real game-changer for flying schools looking to save money and reduce risk.
What this certification means for training schools is that they are now able to offer a more cost-effective and safe way to train helicopter pilots in a variety of key areas and to achieve credits in the simulator, rather than the real aircraft. With aircraft purchase and running costs forever being on the rise and simulators becoming more powerful and less expensive, there is a compelling business case to consider simulation as an effective training tool to supplement (and replace) some real helicopter flying.
To name just a few, these credits include:
- Instrument Proficiency Check, per FAA-S-8081 (latest version)
- Instrument Rating: Up to 20 Hours § Private Pilot Certificate: Up to 2.5 Hours
- Commercial Certificate: Up to 50 Hours
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate: Up to 25 Hours
Approved for use under the Part 141 Appendices as follows:
- Up to 2.5 hours toward the total Private Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 40% towards the total Instrument Rating flight training time requirements
- Up to 20% towards the total Commercial Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 25% towards the total Airline Transport Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 5% towards the total Flight Instructor flight training time requirements
- Up to 5% towards the total Flight Instructor Instrument flight training time requirements
- Private Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course – Up to 3 hours towards the flight training time requirements
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course – Up to 11 hours towards the flight training time requirements
- Airline Transport Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course – Up to 6.25 hours towards the flight training time
- Up to 25% towards the total Combined Private Pilot Certification and Instrument Rating flight training time requirements
The unit comes with a full PC rack system complete with licensed software and Instructor Operator Station (IOS) which allows users to create scenarios, set weather conditions, change time of day or night, select any airport (worldwide) and induce failures. The (included) Garmin 530 uses RealityXP software offering a GNS530W with virtually full functionality.
There are also many options to choose from such as visual system (projection dome system or LCD panel display), avionics and motion and vibration system to name just a few.
Customers can also enjoy fast delivery times due to a number of these units now being in stock and ready to go. Support staff are based around the world and customized service level agreements can be offered in addition to standard warranty conditions.
The new fully certified H-206 by Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace is available right now.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%