Boeing’s delivery of the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) continues to ramp up, with the final Airbus Helicopters EC135 T2+ aircraft arriving in Australia in late August.
The last aircraft delivery marks the completion of the training fleet for the program which will provide ab initio training to Royal Australian Navy and Australian Army students at HMAS Albatross in Nowra, New South Wales.
“The arrival of the final EC135 helicopter by our partner, Airbus, marks an important achievement as we prepare to accept the first Navy and Army trainees in mid-January 2018,” said Darryn Fletcher, program director for HATS. “We are now working with our partners to complete qualification of the simulators, finalise the training courses and complete the delivery of synthetic devices.”
Since being introduced to the program, the EC135 fleet has exceeded 1,200 hours of flying.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud that the ADF has taken delivery, through Boeing, of all 15 of their new EC135T2+ for their helicopter aircrew training system,” said Justin Weatherill, Airbus HATS Program Support Manager. “Airbus Helicopters is proud of the close working relationships that have developed between both companies to achieve this HATS program milestone,” said Weatherill.
The first conversion training course to upskill the Boeing and ADF instructors who will support the next generation of Australia’s future combat helicopter pilot and aircrew has now been completed.
“The training of the pilot and aircrew instructors is well underway, and Boeing are pleased with how live and synthetic training and materials has progressed,” said Fletcher.
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease