Boeing’s delivery of the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) continues to ramp up, with the final Airbus Helicopters EC135 T2+ aircraft arriving in Australia in late August.
The last aircraft delivery marks the completion of the training fleet for the program which will provide ab initio training to Royal Australian Navy and Australian Army students at HMAS Albatross in Nowra, New South Wales.
“The arrival of the final EC135 helicopter by our partner, Airbus, marks an important achievement as we prepare to accept the first Navy and Army trainees in mid-January 2018,” said Darryn Fletcher, program director for HATS. “We are now working with our partners to complete qualification of the simulators, finalise the training courses and complete the delivery of synthetic devices.”
Since being introduced to the program, the EC135 fleet has exceeded 1,200 hours of flying.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud that the ADF has taken delivery, through Boeing, of all 15 of their new EC135T2+ for their helicopter aircrew training system,” said Justin Weatherill, Airbus HATS Program Support Manager. “Airbus Helicopters is proud of the close working relationships that have developed between both companies to achieve this HATS program milestone,” said Weatherill.
The first conversion training course to upskill the Boeing and ADF instructors who will support the next generation of Australia’s future combat helicopter pilot and aircrew has now been completed.
“The training of the pilot and aircrew instructors is well underway, and Boeing are pleased with how live and synthetic training and materials has progressed,” said Fletcher.
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Simrik Air receives H125 from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia
- Newly debuted Helicopter Society of Nepal meets the Tourism Minister
- Croatia to Receive UH-60M Donation
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018