Boeing’s delivery of the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) continues to ramp up, with the final Airbus Helicopters EC135 T2+ aircraft arriving in Australia in late August.
The last aircraft delivery marks the completion of the training fleet for the program which will provide ab initio training to Royal Australian Navy and Australian Army students at HMAS Albatross in Nowra, New South Wales.
“The arrival of the final EC135 helicopter by our partner, Airbus, marks an important achievement as we prepare to accept the first Navy and Army trainees in mid-January 2018,” said Darryn Fletcher, program director for HATS. “We are now working with our partners to complete qualification of the simulators, finalise the training courses and complete the delivery of synthetic devices.”
Since being introduced to the program, the EC135 fleet has exceeded 1,200 hours of flying.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud that the ADF has taken delivery, through Boeing, of all 15 of their new EC135T2+ for their helicopter aircrew training system,” said Justin Weatherill, Airbus HATS Program Support Manager. “Airbus Helicopters is proud of the close working relationships that have developed between both companies to achieve this HATS program milestone,” said Weatherill.
The first conversion training course to upskill the Boeing and ADF instructors who will support the next generation of Australia’s future combat helicopter pilot and aircrew has now been completed.
“The training of the pilot and aircrew instructors is well underway, and Boeing are pleased with how live and synthetic training and materials has progressed,” said Fletcher.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023