The Indian Government announced on Friday that they have started the process of selling off their stake in operator Pawan Hans. The 51% stake will mean that the Government no longer controls the company, although the remaining 49% will stay with ONGC, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. ONGC was originally fully government owned, although a earlier share sale means that over 31% is in different ownership these days.
The announcement calls for “Expressions of Interest” by 8th December, although no guidance was stated as to whether they are looking for a single purchaser or would split up the 51% to multiple buyers.
Pawan Hans derives the majority of its turnover from offshore support operations, but has increasingly added internal scheduled passenger services as well as seasonal tourist flights, particularly to shrines. They also operate helicopters for state governments, but the hours flown on these are believed to be quite low. Fixed wing operations are in the early stages of development, including seaplane operations in the Andeman Islands
This is part of a much wider government divestment program. Also announced last week were the sales of Hospital Service Consultancy Corporation, Engineering Projects India Ltd, National Projects Construction Corporation and Bridge and Roof Company.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Aberdeen Airport helicopter movements continue to fall
- Leonardo Withdraws Lawsuit
- Lower helicopter requirement as Fox News train 90 drone pilots
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Drone Collision
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering