[electronic translation] The decision has been taken: DRF Luftrettung will operate the air rescue station in Magdeburg for a further six years. This is the result of a Europe-wide re-tendering of the station carried out by the Landesverwaltungsamt Halle . The newly awarded concession for primary air rescue in Saxony-Anhalt applies for the period 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2023.
“We would like to thank the State Administration Office for the trust we have placed in us and look forward to continuing air rescue at our second air rescue station in Saxony-Anhalt – to Halle,” emphasizes Dr. Peter Huber, Chief Executive Officer of DRF Luftrettung. 679 operations in the first half of 2017 make it clear that the Magdeburg helicopter makes an important contribution to emergency medical care for people in the region.
The Magdeburger Luftrettungsstation is the homeland of “Christoph 36”, which is available from sunrise to sunset as a quick emergency service and for the transport of emergency patients in hospitals. He is staffed with a pilot, an emergency physician and a rescue assistant / emergency responder and after two minutes in the air. “The reassignment of the concession to the DRF Luftrettung is proof of the reliable work and the great commitment of our crews in Magdeburg,” rejoices Dr. Peter Huber.
New helicopter type comes
At the start of the new concession the station will put an aircraft of the latest generation into operation: One H 135. Only recently, the DRF Luftrettung received the first three machines of this type. The latest and more powerful version of the EC 135, which was previously used in Magdeburg, is distinguished by the highly modern cockpit with an avionics system and improved satellite navigation. A collision warning device, which supports the pilots on board in the airspace observation, as well as an obstacle warning device are also installed. DRF Luftrettung is pushing forward the generational change in its helicopters and underscores its intention to further promote the development of air rescue for the benefit of patients.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’