Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has been awarded a significant contract by a key customer for delivering an advanced SATCOM (Satellite Communications) network system. The contract includes several dozens of airborne terminals and ground segments for medium and heavy lift helicopters. This is a follow on contract from the customer, which previously bought SATCOM terminals which were successfully installed and operated onboard attack helicopters. The ELK-1891 SATCOM network will be supplied by 2019, and is the latest technology developed by ELTA Systems Ltd., a group and subsidiary of IAI (IAI/ELTA).
IAI/ELTA’s SATCOM solutions will be displayed at the Combat Helicopter Show in Krakow, Poland on October 17-19, 2017.
The innovative ELK-1891 Ku-band SATCOM network was selected for its exceptional performance on rotary wing platforms. ELTA has developed a unique capability for enabling helicopter rotor penetration by mitigating rotor masking. Furthermore, the system offers high spectral efficiency and Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) capabilities, as well as relatively minor integration and installation requirements on-board the helicopter. The system enables Voice and IP data transmission and includes a 30cm dish antenna, High Power Amplifier (HPA), modem and interface to the aircraft avionics.
“ELTA has gained vast experience in designing, integrating and installing ELK-1891 SATCOM systems on board various helicopters. Our systems are operational for many years with air forces worldwide. A few hundred systems are in service and supported by IAI/ELTA, with customers reporting utmost satisfaction. Our expertise has been gained through extensive efforts of working together with the platform manufacturers and end users”, said Nissim Hadas, IAI Executive VP & ELTA President, “This is an important contract for ELTA, which proves the maturity and reliability of our SATCOM product line with a repeat order. Our commitment to providing customers around the world with state-of-the-art communication solutions is firm; we aim to bring the best of breed products to the market.”
IAI/ELTA has extensive experience in designing, developing and operating SATCOM systems for various platforms including fighter jets, helicopters, transport aircraft, mission aircraft and UAVs.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded