Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has been awarded a significant contract by a key customer for delivering an advanced SATCOM (Satellite Communications) network system. The contract includes several dozens of airborne terminals and ground segments for medium and heavy lift helicopters. This is a follow on contract from the customer, which previously bought SATCOM terminals which were successfully installed and operated onboard attack helicopters. The ELK-1891 SATCOM network will be supplied by 2019, and is the latest technology developed by ELTA Systems Ltd., a group and subsidiary of IAI (IAI/ELTA).
IAI/ELTA’s SATCOM solutions will be displayed at the Combat Helicopter Show in Krakow, Poland on October 17-19, 2017.
The innovative ELK-1891 Ku-band SATCOM network was selected for its exceptional performance on rotary wing platforms. ELTA has developed a unique capability for enabling helicopter rotor penetration by mitigating rotor masking. Furthermore, the system offers high spectral efficiency and Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) capabilities, as well as relatively minor integration and installation requirements on-board the helicopter. The system enables Voice and IP data transmission and includes a 30cm dish antenna, High Power Amplifier (HPA), modem and interface to the aircraft avionics.
“ELTA has gained vast experience in designing, integrating and installing ELK-1891 SATCOM systems on board various helicopters. Our systems are operational for many years with air forces worldwide. A few hundred systems are in service and supported by IAI/ELTA, with customers reporting utmost satisfaction. Our expertise has been gained through extensive efforts of working together with the platform manufacturers and end users”, said Nissim Hadas, IAI Executive VP & ELTA President, “This is an important contract for ELTA, which proves the maturity and reliability of our SATCOM product line with a repeat order. Our commitment to providing customers around the world with state-of-the-art communication solutions is firm; we aim to bring the best of breed products to the market.”
IAI/ELTA has extensive experience in designing, developing and operating SATCOM systems for various platforms including fighter jets, helicopters, transport aircraft, mission aircraft and UAVs.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices