Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has been awarded a significant contract by a key customer for delivering an advanced SATCOM (Satellite Communications) network system. The contract includes several dozens of airborne terminals and ground segments for medium and heavy lift helicopters. This is a follow on contract from the customer, which previously bought SATCOM terminals which were successfully installed and operated onboard attack helicopters. The ELK-1891 SATCOM network will be supplied by 2019, and is the latest technology developed by ELTA Systems Ltd., a group and subsidiary of IAI (IAI/ELTA).
IAI/ELTA’s SATCOM solutions will be displayed at the Combat Helicopter Show in Krakow, Poland on October 17-19, 2017.
The innovative ELK-1891 Ku-band SATCOM network was selected for its exceptional performance on rotary wing platforms. ELTA has developed a unique capability for enabling helicopter rotor penetration by mitigating rotor masking. Furthermore, the system offers high spectral efficiency and Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) capabilities, as well as relatively minor integration and installation requirements on-board the helicopter. The system enables Voice and IP data transmission and includes a 30cm dish antenna, High Power Amplifier (HPA), modem and interface to the aircraft avionics.
“ELTA has gained vast experience in designing, integrating and installing ELK-1891 SATCOM systems on board various helicopters. Our systems are operational for many years with air forces worldwide. A few hundred systems are in service and supported by IAI/ELTA, with customers reporting utmost satisfaction. Our expertise has been gained through extensive efforts of working together with the platform manufacturers and end users”, said Nissim Hadas, IAI Executive VP & ELTA President, “This is an important contract for ELTA, which proves the maturity and reliability of our SATCOM product line with a repeat order. Our commitment to providing customers around the world with state-of-the-art communication solutions is firm; we aim to bring the best of breed products to the market.”
IAI/ELTA has extensive experience in designing, developing and operating SATCOM systems for various platforms including fighter jets, helicopters, transport aircraft, mission aircraft and UAVs.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd