Leonardo announced today at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, USA that Travis County, Texas has signed a contract for three AgustaWestland AW169s for its STAR Flight program as the county-based EMS provider upgrades its helicopter fleet to more modern and capable aircraft.
Travis County will be the launch customer of the EMS-configured AW169 in the United States, with deliveries expected to begin in October 2018.
In addition to EMS operations, the AW169 will support Travis County’s search and rescue, law enforcement support and fire suppression efforts in the area surrounding Austin, Texas. The three AW169s will allow STAR Flight to grow its operational capabilities, including the ability to transport patients longer distances and increased capabilities for search and rescue, as well as responsiveness to wildfires.
The helicopters will be configured with a multi-purpose interior with specialty EMS equipment and stretchers that can be reconfigured to incorporate search and rescue and firefighting kits. Additionally, Travis County’s AW169s will be equipped with a hoist and a 300-gallon Simplex belly tank.
The contract builds on the global success of the AW169, achieved in just a few short years, following adoption by global EMS and public service operations for a diversified set of missions and earlier sales from U.S. VIP/corporate customers. More than 160 agreements for AW169s, including orders and options, have been signed by nearly 70 customers in approximately 30 nations worldwide to date.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd