Leonardo announced today at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, USA that Travis County, Texas has signed a contract for three AgustaWestland AW169s for its STAR Flight program as the county-based EMS provider upgrades its helicopter fleet to more modern and capable aircraft.
Travis County will be the launch customer of the EMS-configured AW169 in the United States, with deliveries expected to begin in October 2018.
In addition to EMS operations, the AW169 will support Travis County’s search and rescue, law enforcement support and fire suppression efforts in the area surrounding Austin, Texas. The three AW169s will allow STAR Flight to grow its operational capabilities, including the ability to transport patients longer distances and increased capabilities for search and rescue, as well as responsiveness to wildfires.
The helicopters will be configured with a multi-purpose interior with specialty EMS equipment and stretchers that can be reconfigured to incorporate search and rescue and firefighting kits. Additionally, Travis County’s AW169s will be equipped with a hoist and a 300-gallon Simplex belly tank.
The contract builds on the global success of the AW169, achieved in just a few short years, following adoption by global EMS and public service operations for a diversified set of missions and earlier sales from U.S. VIP/corporate customers. More than 160 agreements for AW169s, including orders and options, have been signed by nearly 70 customers in approximately 30 nations worldwide to date.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded