Leonardo announced today at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, USA that Travis County, Texas has signed a contract for three AgustaWestland AW169s for its STAR Flight program as the county-based EMS provider upgrades its helicopter fleet to more modern and capable aircraft.
Travis County will be the launch customer of the EMS-configured AW169 in the United States, with deliveries expected to begin in October 2018.
In addition to EMS operations, the AW169 will support Travis County’s search and rescue, law enforcement support and fire suppression efforts in the area surrounding Austin, Texas. The three AW169s will allow STAR Flight to grow its operational capabilities, including the ability to transport patients longer distances and increased capabilities for search and rescue, as well as responsiveness to wildfires.
The helicopters will be configured with a multi-purpose interior with specialty EMS equipment and stretchers that can be reconfigured to incorporate search and rescue and firefighting kits. Additionally, Travis County’s AW169s will be equipped with a hoist and a 300-gallon Simplex belly tank.
The contract builds on the global success of the AW169, achieved in just a few short years, following adoption by global EMS and public service operations for a diversified set of missions and earlier sales from U.S. VIP/corporate customers. More than 160 agreements for AW169s, including orders and options, have been signed by nearly 70 customers in approximately 30 nations worldwide to date.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%