Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) is sponsoring its second annual Dr. Suzanne Wedel Scholarship award to the MedEvac Foundation. The $5,000 scholarship was presented at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, Texas.
“We are honored to once again recognize Dr. Wedel’s legacy,” said Sikorsky Sales Executive for North America & Canada Jeanette Eaton. “Her expertise and dedication in the air medical community was truly heroic, and our goal is to continue advancing the education of young men and women to support this field for generations to come. Sikorsky is delighted to offer this scholarship to a student looking to progress through professional education and research in the same field of an inspiring and devoted leader.”
The annual Air Medical Transport Conference offers the unique opportunity for industry professionals in the air medical field to gather and discuss latest advancements, share best practices, and highlight products and services.
Dr. Wedel was a pioneer in the industry, accredited with expanding the scope of air medical transportation as the Chief Executive Office for Boston MedFlight for nearly three decades and founder of the North East Air Alliance, which fosters coordinated efforts among the region’s air ambulance organizations.
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric