Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) is sponsoring its second annual Dr. Suzanne Wedel Scholarship award to the MedEvac Foundation. The $5,000 scholarship was presented at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, Texas.
“We are honored to once again recognize Dr. Wedel’s legacy,” said Sikorsky Sales Executive for North America & Canada Jeanette Eaton. “Her expertise and dedication in the air medical community was truly heroic, and our goal is to continue advancing the education of young men and women to support this field for generations to come. Sikorsky is delighted to offer this scholarship to a student looking to progress through professional education and research in the same field of an inspiring and devoted leader.”
The annual Air Medical Transport Conference offers the unique opportunity for industry professionals in the air medical field to gather and discuss latest advancements, share best practices, and highlight products and services.
Dr. Wedel was a pioneer in the industry, accredited with expanding the scope of air medical transportation as the Chief Executive Office for Boston MedFlight for nearly three decades and founder of the North East Air Alliance, which fosters coordinated efforts among the region’s air ambulance organizations.
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock