Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) is sponsoring its second annual Dr. Suzanne Wedel Scholarship award to the MedEvac Foundation. The $5,000 scholarship was presented at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, Texas.
“We are honored to once again recognize Dr. Wedel’s legacy,” said Sikorsky Sales Executive for North America & Canada Jeanette Eaton. “Her expertise and dedication in the air medical community was truly heroic, and our goal is to continue advancing the education of young men and women to support this field for generations to come. Sikorsky is delighted to offer this scholarship to a student looking to progress through professional education and research in the same field of an inspiring and devoted leader.”
The annual Air Medical Transport Conference offers the unique opportunity for industry professionals in the air medical field to gather and discuss latest advancements, share best practices, and highlight products and services.
Dr. Wedel was a pioneer in the industry, accredited with expanding the scope of air medical transportation as the Chief Executive Office for Boston MedFlight for nearly three decades and founder of the North East Air Alliance, which fosters coordinated efforts among the region’s air ambulance organizations.
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training