Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) is sponsoring its second annual Dr. Suzanne Wedel Scholarship award to the MedEvac Foundation. The $5,000 scholarship was presented at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, Texas.
“We are honored to once again recognize Dr. Wedel’s legacy,” said Sikorsky Sales Executive for North America & Canada Jeanette Eaton. “Her expertise and dedication in the air medical community was truly heroic, and our goal is to continue advancing the education of young men and women to support this field for generations to come. Sikorsky is delighted to offer this scholarship to a student looking to progress through professional education and research in the same field of an inspiring and devoted leader.”
The annual Air Medical Transport Conference offers the unique opportunity for industry professionals in the air medical field to gather and discuss latest advancements, share best practices, and highlight products and services.
Dr. Wedel was a pioneer in the industry, accredited with expanding the scope of air medical transportation as the Chief Executive Office for Boston MedFlight for nearly three decades and founder of the North East Air Alliance, which fosters coordinated efforts among the region’s air ambulance organizations.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE