Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) is sponsoring its second annual Dr. Suzanne Wedel Scholarship award to the MedEvac Foundation. The $5,000 scholarship was presented at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Worth, Texas.
“We are honored to once again recognize Dr. Wedel’s legacy,” said Sikorsky Sales Executive for North America & Canada Jeanette Eaton. “Her expertise and dedication in the air medical community was truly heroic, and our goal is to continue advancing the education of young men and women to support this field for generations to come. Sikorsky is delighted to offer this scholarship to a student looking to progress through professional education and research in the same field of an inspiring and devoted leader.”
The annual Air Medical Transport Conference offers the unique opportunity for industry professionals in the air medical field to gather and discuss latest advancements, share best practices, and highlight products and services.
Dr. Wedel was a pioneer in the industry, accredited with expanding the scope of air medical transportation as the Chief Executive Office for Boston MedFlight for nearly three decades and founder of the North East Air Alliance, which fosters coordinated efforts among the region’s air ambulance organizations.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet