Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, has been recognized by the 6th China Air Finance Development (DFTP) Summit as the recipient of its Structured Innovation Award. The award comes as commendation for Waypoint’s establishment of a Leasing Platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China.
Philip Stransky, Vice President of Sales & Relationship Management, Asia Pacific, accepted the award on behalf of Waypoint at the Summit, which took place September 27-29 in Tianjin. Commenting on the recognition, Stransky said, “It is a great honour for us to accept this award. We pay sincere thanks to the team at Tianjin Free Trade Zone for their helpful advice and assistance in establishing a platform that will help develop helicopter leasing as part of the huge potential for growth in China.”
Clark McGinn, Senior Vice President of Sales & Relationship Management added, “We are delighted that the China Air Finance Development Summit recognized our ability to push the pre-established structural boundaries and be the first foreign helicopter leasing company to establish an SPV in China. Our diligence in facilitating this development is yet another example of the way we at Waypoint differentiate ourselves, and how we strive to attain marketplace advantages that offer value to our clients.”
A spokesman for the International Shipping and Finance Promotion Center of the Tianjin Free Trade Port Zone said, “We are glad to have Waypoint Leasing as the winner for the Innovation Award of the year. The Skyway deal is the very first case that a foreign lessor has leased a helicopter to a domestic China operator through an SPV in a LILO (Lease-in and Lease-out) structure. The great significance of the deal lies in that it has enabled the Chinese operator to introduce helicopter through operating lease, with a lower tax cost and custom tax deposit.”
Waypoint is the largest independent helicopter lessor of the world, we are very impressed by its high efficiency in providing professional and tailored service to its customers. We are also quite convinced that it will have a much more important role to play in catering to the China’s growing market.
The China Air Finance Development Summit debuted in 2012 to keep pace with the rapid development of the China air finance industry. This year, emphasis was on the Free Trade Zone of Tianjin, a strategic layout aimed at making Tianjin an industrial cluster for aircraft leasing and aviation finance for China and the world. Summit focal points included the change of policies, new requirements of supervision and capital management, and trends in the market related to aircraft leasing and its related industries.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%