ACR Electronics, Inc., the global leader in safety and survival technologies, today confirmed that Drew Marine UK Holdings Ltd. has signed an agreement to acquire SKYTRAC, a full-service, data-driven solutions provider for the global aviation industry. SKYTRAC will report into ACR Electronics, Inc.
The alignment of these two leading companies will create a comprehensive product line and service offering for the aviation market place, to include the ACR Electronics’ ARTEX portfolio of survival products and the SKYTRAC range of innovative business solutions from data acquisition hardware and analytics software through program design and support.
Headquartered in Canada, SKYTRAC offers a one-stop response for reliable and secure data management solutions that elevate efficiency and safety and drive revenue, from performance trending and business reporting to real-time asset tracking and situational awareness. SKYTRAC combines over 30 years of experience and technical expertise with a dedicated customer focus to bring innovative aviation solutions to the market. Its data acquisition hardware is installed by fixed and rotary wing clients worldwide and its SkyWeb data management system selected by thousands of users.
SKYTRAC will continue to operate as an independent subsidiary, retaining existing products, brand, locations, engineering capabilities, and sales. The entire team, including executive management will continue on with the new ownership. “We are excited to join forces with SKYTRAC because it will expand our aviation footprint and add a proven solutions-based team into our organization,” said Gerry Angeli, President of ACR Electronics. “Our complementary products and technology can provide our customers with an expanded and comprehensive suite of aviation data, tracking, distress alerting, communications and operational integrations,” added Angeli.
ACR Electronics is a leading provider of safety and survival equipment to the aviation market for general, business, commercial and military applications. Suitable for every type of fixed wing and rotorcraft aircraft, the ARTEX brand of Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs) are selected by the majority of aircraft manufacturers around the world. ACR and ARTEX design and manufacture a complete portfolio of survival products for the aviation industry including ELTs, Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs), iridium tracking and communication distress beacons, megaphones and distress lighting.
SKYTRAC President, Malachi Nordine, said: “SKYTRAC and ACR share a mission to help aviation operators improve safety and efficiency. Supported by ACR, SKYTRAC will continue with the strong customer support and technology leadership that is in our DNA and that has cemented our position in the aviation industry. I am excited to work with our new ACR partners through SKYTRAC’s next growth phase as we continue to execute our strategy and find cooperative commercial opportunities like GADSS.”
SKYTRAC is a Transport Canada certified DAO & AMO and an Approved Manufacturing Organization, with management systems registered to ISO 9001/AS9100C.
Financial terms of the acquisition will not be released.
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary