Presented annually at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), the AAMS Community Awards recognize excellence and leadership in the emergency medical services (EMS) transport community. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to be a proud supporter of the awards.
“We believe it is important to recognize the EMS transport operators for their considerable contribution to our society. They are on call when it means the most – often when it is a matter of life or death – and for that they deserve recognition and accolades well beyond any award. These, however, are a small token of our appreciation for their continued efforts,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
In particular, Airbus supports the Program of the Year, the Jim Charlson Safety Award and the Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award. The 2017 winners include:
· Program of the Year – Life Link III – The award recognizes an EMS operator that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, high-quality leadership with a commitment to innovation, and commitment to the medical transport community.
· Jim Charlson Safety Award – Krista Haugen, RN, MN, CEN (Med-Trans Corporation) – In recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the overall enhancement, development or promotion of safety within the air transport community.
· Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award – Life Link III’s Hospital Helipad Safety Video – Airbus Helicopter Inc.’s annual award for an initiative that aligns with the Vision Zero mission to provide free exchange of safety information.
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command