Presented annually at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), the AAMS Community Awards recognize excellence and leadership in the emergency medical services (EMS) transport community. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to be a proud supporter of the awards.
“We believe it is important to recognize the EMS transport operators for their considerable contribution to our society. They are on call when it means the most – often when it is a matter of life or death – and for that they deserve recognition and accolades well beyond any award. These, however, are a small token of our appreciation for their continued efforts,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
In particular, Airbus supports the Program of the Year, the Jim Charlson Safety Award and the Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award. The 2017 winners include:
· Program of the Year – Life Link III – The award recognizes an EMS operator that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, high-quality leadership with a commitment to innovation, and commitment to the medical transport community.
· Jim Charlson Safety Award – Krista Haugen, RN, MN, CEN (Med-Trans Corporation) – In recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the overall enhancement, development or promotion of safety within the air transport community.
· Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award – Life Link III’s Hospital Helipad Safety Video – Airbus Helicopter Inc.’s annual award for an initiative that aligns with the Vision Zero mission to provide free exchange of safety information.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services