Presented annually at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), the AAMS Community Awards recognize excellence and leadership in the emergency medical services (EMS) transport community. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to be a proud supporter of the awards.
“We believe it is important to recognize the EMS transport operators for their considerable contribution to our society. They are on call when it means the most – often when it is a matter of life or death – and for that they deserve recognition and accolades well beyond any award. These, however, are a small token of our appreciation for their continued efforts,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
In particular, Airbus supports the Program of the Year, the Jim Charlson Safety Award and the Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award. The 2017 winners include:
· Program of the Year – Life Link III – The award recognizes an EMS operator that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, high-quality leadership with a commitment to innovation, and commitment to the medical transport community.
· Jim Charlson Safety Award – Krista Haugen, RN, MN, CEN (Med-Trans Corporation) – In recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the overall enhancement, development or promotion of safety within the air transport community.
· Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award – Life Link III’s Hospital Helipad Safety Video – Airbus Helicopter Inc.’s annual award for an initiative that aligns with the Vision Zero mission to provide free exchange of safety information.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30