Presented annually at the Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), the AAMS Community Awards recognize excellence and leadership in the emergency medical services (EMS) transport community. Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to be a proud supporter of the awards.
“We believe it is important to recognize the EMS transport operators for their considerable contribution to our society. They are on call when it means the most – often when it is a matter of life or death – and for that they deserve recognition and accolades well beyond any award. These, however, are a small token of our appreciation for their continued efforts,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
In particular, Airbus supports the Program of the Year, the Jim Charlson Safety Award and the Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award. The 2017 winners include:
· Program of the Year – Life Link III – The award recognizes an EMS operator that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, high-quality leadership with a commitment to innovation, and commitment to the medical transport community.
· Jim Charlson Safety Award – Krista Haugen, RN, MN, CEN (Med-Trans Corporation) – In recognition of an individual who has made a significant contribution to the overall enhancement, development or promotion of safety within the air transport community.
· Airbus Helicopters’ Vision Zero Aviation Safety Award – Life Link III’s Hospital Helipad Safety Video – Airbus Helicopter Inc.’s annual award for an initiative that aligns with the Vision Zero mission to provide free exchange of safety information.
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s