DART Aerospace, a world-leading producer and manufacturer of helicopter equipment, is nearing certification of the Bell 505 Bearpaws and is now accepting pre-orders.
For as long as helicopters have been in operation, soft terrain landings have created balancing problems during takeoff and landings. DART Aerospace Bearpaws are constructed of a high density polymer; this polymer resists cracking, chipping and breaking. The one-piece machined construction ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. This flexible material deflects under high-point contact loads when landing on rocks or roots; its inherent memory ensures the Bearpaws return to their original shape upon take off.
“The 505 Bearpaw is similar in design and construction to our other Bearpaw models – it connects to the back of the skidtube in order to keep the helicopter tail up and off the ground and support the aircraft in soft surface terrain. We are excited to be supplying this Bearpaw for a new aircraft such as the Bell 505, especially as operators begin using this model in the utility market,” states Harvey Siemens, Director of Engineering – Calgary.
With over 54 different Bearpaws approved on 37 separate STCs, DART’s Bell 505 Bearpaw should receive a Transport Canada certification that is expected by calendar year end, with other regulatory approvals following shortly.
Customers who pre-order will receive an additional discount on their order of Bearpaws.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province