DART Aerospace, a world-leading producer and manufacturer of helicopter equipment, is nearing certification of the Bell 505 Bearpaws and is now accepting pre-orders.
For as long as helicopters have been in operation, soft terrain landings have created balancing problems during takeoff and landings. DART Aerospace Bearpaws are constructed of a high density polymer; this polymer resists cracking, chipping and breaking. The one-piece machined construction ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. This flexible material deflects under high-point contact loads when landing on rocks or roots; its inherent memory ensures the Bearpaws return to their original shape upon take off.
“The 505 Bearpaw is similar in design and construction to our other Bearpaw models – it connects to the back of the skidtube in order to keep the helicopter tail up and off the ground and support the aircraft in soft surface terrain. We are excited to be supplying this Bearpaw for a new aircraft such as the Bell 505, especially as operators begin using this model in the utility market,” states Harvey Siemens, Director of Engineering – Calgary.
With over 54 different Bearpaws approved on 37 separate STCs, DART’s Bell 505 Bearpaw should receive a Transport Canada certification that is expected by calendar year end, with other regulatory approvals following shortly.
Customers who pre-order will receive an additional discount on their order of Bearpaws.
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police