DART Aerospace, a world-leading producer and manufacturer of helicopter equipment, is nearing certification of the Bell 505 Bearpaws and is now accepting pre-orders.
For as long as helicopters have been in operation, soft terrain landings have created balancing problems during takeoff and landings. DART Aerospace Bearpaws are constructed of a high density polymer; this polymer resists cracking, chipping and breaking. The one-piece machined construction ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. This flexible material deflects under high-point contact loads when landing on rocks or roots; its inherent memory ensures the Bearpaws return to their original shape upon take off.
“The 505 Bearpaw is similar in design and construction to our other Bearpaw models – it connects to the back of the skidtube in order to keep the helicopter tail up and off the ground and support the aircraft in soft surface terrain. We are excited to be supplying this Bearpaw for a new aircraft such as the Bell 505, especially as operators begin using this model in the utility market,” states Harvey Siemens, Director of Engineering – Calgary.
With over 54 different Bearpaws approved on 37 separate STCs, DART’s Bell 505 Bearpaw should receive a Transport Canada certification that is expected by calendar year end, with other regulatory approvals following shortly.
Customers who pre-order will receive an additional discount on their order of Bearpaws.
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade