Airbus Helicopters has successfully obtained Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines’ (CAAP) acceptance for the deployment of its Fleet Keeper® application in the country. Following a successful introduction in Europe, Philippines is the second country in Southeast Asia, after Singapore, to accept the use of electronic technical logbooks for its helicopter fleet.
After four months of intensive interactions that included discussions and user demonstrations, the CAAP has confirmed that Fleet Keeper® meets the country’s airworthiness requirements. From now on, operators can substitute the paper technical logbook for Fleet Keeper® in Philippines’ operations. Five local operators have since enrolled some seven Airbus helicopters into this programme, following CAAP’s approval.
“We are grateful that despite the initial legislative, infrastructure and digital challenges, the CAAP has finally accorded us the mark of acceptance for the implementation of Fleet Keeper® in the country,” said Lionel de Maupeou, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Philippines. “Our goal is the full enrolment of all local operators’ Airbus helicopters flying in Philippines, to fully digitalise flight log processes and ease operations.”
Fleet Keeper® will be progressively introduced to the other Southeast Asian countries.
The Airbus Helicopters-developed Fleet Keeper® is a complete e-solution that builds upon traditional paper-based technical log books – providing simplified processes and unmatched convenience. Fleet Keeper® delivers cockpit views of a customer’s fleet status, and enables real-time data exchange between pilots, line mechanics and airworthiness managers. It is compatible with all Airbus’ helicopters, as well as those of other manufacturers.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded