Airbus Helicopters has successfully obtained Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines’ (CAAP) acceptance for the deployment of its Fleet Keeper® application in the country. Following a successful introduction in Europe, Philippines is the second country in Southeast Asia, after Singapore, to accept the use of electronic technical logbooks for its helicopter fleet.
After four months of intensive interactions that included discussions and user demonstrations, the CAAP has confirmed that Fleet Keeper® meets the country’s airworthiness requirements. From now on, operators can substitute the paper technical logbook for Fleet Keeper® in Philippines’ operations. Five local operators have since enrolled some seven Airbus helicopters into this programme, following CAAP’s approval.
“We are grateful that despite the initial legislative, infrastructure and digital challenges, the CAAP has finally accorded us the mark of acceptance for the implementation of Fleet Keeper® in the country,” said Lionel de Maupeou, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Philippines. “Our goal is the full enrolment of all local operators’ Airbus helicopters flying in Philippines, to fully digitalise flight log processes and ease operations.”
Fleet Keeper® will be progressively introduced to the other Southeast Asian countries.
The Airbus Helicopters-developed Fleet Keeper® is a complete e-solution that builds upon traditional paper-based technical log books – providing simplified processes and unmatched convenience. Fleet Keeper® delivers cockpit views of a customer’s fleet status, and enables real-time data exchange between pilots, line mechanics and airworthiness managers. It is compatible with all Airbus’ helicopters, as well as those of other manufacturers.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd