Nord Helikopter A/S is a hard working operator who covers the extreme north of Scandinavia. Constructing and maintaining public infrastructure in this remote and dramatic terrain requires true versatility, and Nord Helikopter is putting its fleet of nine AS350/H-125 to good use.
Flight Operations Manager Øystein Skovro shares his views operating in the extreme north, and why they prefer to fly in the AUK Protection G1 flightsuit:
- Power line construction makes up about seventy percent of our missions. But we do a lot of cool things like checking up on light houses for the coastal administration, and haul stones for the Nepalese sherpa teams who come here every summer to keep the hiking trails in order. They are really cool guys!
- Between the fjords, the snowy peaks and the open ocean, this is truly a spectacular region to fly in. The scenery makes it a major draw for Hollywood type movie productions, and sometimes these aerial photo ops are so massive we have to team up with other operators to bring up capacity.
- I am very pleased with our AUK Protection flight suits. Not only because they are functional, but also because they seem to empower our crew. A flight suit designed specifically for what we do, together with the company logotype and insignia, really adds an air of pride and professionalism. And this is something I really believe in.
- We’ve got seventeen pilots on the payroll, but seasonally we’re boosted by several highly competent freelancers. In total, the operations department employ about thirty six people. I’m extremely proud of our crew, as we have a collective aggregate of experience that few can match. Our most senior pilot flew his first solo mission in sixty nine!
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary