Lantana, Florida-based Palm Beach Helicopters has completed installation of a new TH22SM Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) manufactured by ELITE Simulation Solutions (ELITE).
The TH22SM is a single-seat, single control trainer based on the Robinson R22 helicopter. The ELITE TH22 is available in four configurations and all models are FAA approved for IFR, Commercial, ATP, IPC and currency credits. The option chosen by Palm Beach Helicopters includes the optional 3 DOF (pitch, roll and heave) motion system.
Palm Beach Helicopters has incorporated the TH22SM into training programmes for private, instrument and commercial. The company’s President and Owner Dan Crowe stated, “Our instructors and students have already logged over 300 hours in this device and are thoroughly impressed with its value and capability. Recently incorporating PilotEdge live ATC further adds to the realism of simulator training.”
“Adding motion to the helicopter trainer adds significant training benefits to new students and even to experienced rotary wing pilots,” claimed ELITE Simulation Solutions’ President and CEO, John Dixon. “Motion cues plus the visual motion makes this the perfect autorotation trainer…from negative and positive ‘G’s’ on entry, flare and initial to the touchdown ground effects and contact.
“The high fidelity of this motion system makes it the perfect platform for learning to hover, practice hovering, autorotation, quick stops, confined areas, slope operations, pinnacle landings and running landings,” Dixon concluded.
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced
- Aspirus MedEvac Achieves NAAMTA Accreditation
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Senior Executive VP
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS