Lantana, Florida-based Palm Beach Helicopters has completed installation of a new TH22SM Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) manufactured by ELITE Simulation Solutions (ELITE).
The TH22SM is a single-seat, single control trainer based on the Robinson R22 helicopter. The ELITE TH22 is available in four configurations and all models are FAA approved for IFR, Commercial, ATP, IPC and currency credits. The option chosen by Palm Beach Helicopters includes the optional 3 DOF (pitch, roll and heave) motion system.
Palm Beach Helicopters has incorporated the TH22SM into training programmes for private, instrument and commercial. The company’s President and Owner Dan Crowe stated, “Our instructors and students have already logged over 300 hours in this device and are thoroughly impressed with its value and capability. Recently incorporating PilotEdge live ATC further adds to the realism of simulator training.”
“Adding motion to the helicopter trainer adds significant training benefits to new students and even to experienced rotary wing pilots,” claimed ELITE Simulation Solutions’ President and CEO, John Dixon. “Motion cues plus the visual motion makes this the perfect autorotation trainer…from negative and positive ‘G’s’ on entry, flare and initial to the touchdown ground effects and contact.
“The high fidelity of this motion system makes it the perfect platform for learning to hover, practice hovering, autorotation, quick stops, confined areas, slope operations, pinnacle landings and running landings,” Dixon concluded.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded