Lantana, Florida-based Palm Beach Helicopters has completed installation of a new TH22SM Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) manufactured by ELITE Simulation Solutions (ELITE).
The TH22SM is a single-seat, single control trainer based on the Robinson R22 helicopter. The ELITE TH22 is available in four configurations and all models are FAA approved for IFR, Commercial, ATP, IPC and currency credits. The option chosen by Palm Beach Helicopters includes the optional 3 DOF (pitch, roll and heave) motion system.
Palm Beach Helicopters has incorporated the TH22SM into training programmes for private, instrument and commercial. The company’s President and Owner Dan Crowe stated, “Our instructors and students have already logged over 300 hours in this device and are thoroughly impressed with its value and capability. Recently incorporating PilotEdge live ATC further adds to the realism of simulator training.”
“Adding motion to the helicopter trainer adds significant training benefits to new students and even to experienced rotary wing pilots,” claimed ELITE Simulation Solutions’ President and CEO, John Dixon. “Motion cues plus the visual motion makes this the perfect autorotation trainer…from negative and positive ‘G’s’ on entry, flare and initial to the touchdown ground effects and contact.
“The high fidelity of this motion system makes it the perfect platform for learning to hover, practice hovering, autorotation, quick stops, confined areas, slope operations, pinnacle landings and running landings,” Dixon concluded.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%