Lantana, Florida-based Palm Beach Helicopters has completed installation of a new TH22SM Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) manufactured by ELITE Simulation Solutions (ELITE).
The TH22SM is a single-seat, single control trainer based on the Robinson R22 helicopter. The ELITE TH22 is available in four configurations and all models are FAA approved for IFR, Commercial, ATP, IPC and currency credits. The option chosen by Palm Beach Helicopters includes the optional 3 DOF (pitch, roll and heave) motion system.
Palm Beach Helicopters has incorporated the TH22SM into training programmes for private, instrument and commercial. The company’s President and Owner Dan Crowe stated, “Our instructors and students have already logged over 300 hours in this device and are thoroughly impressed with its value and capability. Recently incorporating PilotEdge live ATC further adds to the realism of simulator training.”
“Adding motion to the helicopter trainer adds significant training benefits to new students and even to experienced rotary wing pilots,” claimed ELITE Simulation Solutions’ President and CEO, John Dixon. “Motion cues plus the visual motion makes this the perfect autorotation trainer…from negative and positive ‘G’s’ on entry, flare and initial to the touchdown ground effects and contact.
“The high fidelity of this motion system makes it the perfect platform for learning to hover, practice hovering, autorotation, quick stops, confined areas, slope operations, pinnacle landings and running landings,” Dixon concluded.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner