Dr Ami Jones MBE, Interim National Director, EMRTS Cymru will update delegates on the advances the EMRTS Cymru. Originally from Shropshire, Dr Jones is a Consultant in Anaesthetics, Intensive Care and Pre-Hospital Medicine within the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board. She is also a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserves with 203 Field Hospital and has undertaken two tours of duty in Afghanistan on MERT (the military pre-hospital service). Ami has been a part of the Emergency Medical Retrieval and Transfer Service (EMRTS Cymru) since its inception in 2015, as a consultant on board the aircraft as well as being the South Wales Base Lead. In May 2017, she became the interim National Director of the Service. In June 2017, Ami was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List for services to the military and the Wales Air Ambulance.
Liz Campbell, Association of Air Ambulances Charity (AAAC) is the first independent Chair of the national charity. Liz will update delegates on her vision of the AAAC and how working collaboratively a national solution is viable. Liz was appointed Chair of the AAAC in October 2015 and has since bought a wealth of experience and knowledge to the role. Liz’s achievements include her becoming the Director of Wellbeing of Women; (a medical research charity), Chairman and Vice Chairman of Surrey Police Authority and a non-executive Director of the NHS. Since 2015, Liz has led the AAAC, along with its Board of Trustees.
Yvonne Ormston, Chief Executive Officer, North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust will be speaking on behalf of the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives and its involvement in the new Ambulance Response Program (ARP). The ARP is a new program of tasking now rolled out across the UK which will impact on the way HEMS are used.
Yvonne has more than 30 years’ experience of working in the NHS including being Locality Director at the Northumberland Care Trust and Chief Executive of Gateshead PCG. She took up her appointment with North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust in October 2014.
These experts within the key colleges of Clinical, Operations and Charity sector will deliver a presentation relating to the air ambulance and ambulance service sector, focussing on one of this year’s four key topics: Sharing Best Practice, Technological Advances, Performance Excellence and Under the Surface.
Organised by the AAA; the leading pre-hospital air ambulance conference has become a firm fixture on event calendars across the world wide air ambulance community and is open to all members and non-members. It aims to inspire, inform and incite debate, providing a platform for the air ambulance industry to come together, share ideas and build partnerships.
Last year’s National Conference saw 90% of the UK Air Ambulance operations attend with a sell-out event, one which has grown year on year and has become the pinnacle event to attend within the sector.
The conference is followed by the prestigious Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner held during the evening.
- Composite Helicopters Awarded Patent for Monocoque Helicopter Fuselage With Integral Tail Boom
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters