Dr Ami Jones MBE, Interim National Director, EMRTS Cymru will update delegates on the advances the EMRTS Cymru. Originally from Shropshire, Dr Jones is a Consultant in Anaesthetics, Intensive Care and Pre-Hospital Medicine within the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board. She is also a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserves with 203 Field Hospital and has undertaken two tours of duty in Afghanistan on MERT (the military pre-hospital service). Ami has been a part of the Emergency Medical Retrieval and Transfer Service (EMRTS Cymru) since its inception in 2015, as a consultant on board the aircraft as well as being the South Wales Base Lead. In May 2017, she became the interim National Director of the Service. In June 2017, Ami was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List for services to the military and the Wales Air Ambulance.
Liz Campbell, Association of Air Ambulances Charity (AAAC) is the first independent Chair of the national charity. Liz will update delegates on her vision of the AAAC and how working collaboratively a national solution is viable. Liz was appointed Chair of the AAAC in October 2015 and has since bought a wealth of experience and knowledge to the role. Liz’s achievements include her becoming the Director of Wellbeing of Women; (a medical research charity), Chairman and Vice Chairman of Surrey Police Authority and a non-executive Director of the NHS. Since 2015, Liz has led the AAAC, along with its Board of Trustees.
Yvonne Ormston, Chief Executive Officer, North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust will be speaking on behalf of the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives and its involvement in the new Ambulance Response Program (ARP). The ARP is a new program of tasking now rolled out across the UK which will impact on the way HEMS are used.
Yvonne has more than 30 years’ experience of working in the NHS including being Locality Director at the Northumberland Care Trust and Chief Executive of Gateshead PCG. She took up her appointment with North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust in October 2014.
These experts within the key colleges of Clinical, Operations and Charity sector will deliver a presentation relating to the air ambulance and ambulance service sector, focussing on one of this year’s four key topics: Sharing Best Practice, Technological Advances, Performance Excellence and Under the Surface.
Organised by the AAA; the leading pre-hospital air ambulance conference has become a firm fixture on event calendars across the world wide air ambulance community and is open to all members and non-members. It aims to inspire, inform and incite debate, providing a platform for the air ambulance industry to come together, share ideas and build partnerships.
Last year’s National Conference saw 90% of the UK Air Ambulance operations attend with a sell-out event, one which has grown year on year and has become the pinnacle event to attend within the sector.
The conference is followed by the prestigious Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner held during the evening.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved