Enstrom Helicopter Corporation signed a contract for six 480B-G turbine helicopters with LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. in the Czech Republic. The Enstrom Representatives in the Czech Republic, Dan Tucek and Roland VanHees from DSA, provided the coordination for marketing, flight demonstrations, sales support and contract negotiations for this program.
Known as the 480B-G, Enstrom’s turbine-powered model is equipped with the Garmin G1000H, offering glass cockpit capability for this helicopter. This equipment, coupled with the stability and easy maneuverability of the 480B, makes for the perfect training aircraft. “We looked at several aircraft models prior to deciding on the Enstrom 480B-G. said Miroslav Hejna, CEO of LOM PRAHA TRADE. a.s. We believe the aircraft and the Enstrom team are the best choice for the long term.”
The contract plan has 2 480BG helicopters to be delivered in early 2018 followed by 4 later in the year. This also includes spares, tools, and both pilot and maintenance training at the factory. Of the 6 helicopters, LOM PRAHA TRADE will be using 4 of the Enstrom 480B-Gs for training the military pilots. “The Enstrom 480B has proven to be the perfect ship for training in the military setting, said Tracy Biegler, President and CEO of Enstrom. Moving from the 480 to a larger aircraft provides a seamless transition.” The remaining two aircraft will be used by LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. for pilot training.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point