Rotortrade Services, an international helicopter distributor and exclusive global distributor of Leonardo’s pre-owned helicopters, is glad to announce it has initiated return to service (RTS) activity on three Airbus H225 helicopters currently being maintained by Vector Aerospace.
Rotortrade was mandated earlier this year by a group of lenders to manage the repossession, maintenance and sale of several H225 and S-76C++ helicopters from CHC following its bankruptcy filing. After evaluating several maintenance providers, Rotortrade selected Vector Aerospace to ensure the H225s were properly stored according to the OEM’s maintenance manual and returned to service when need be.
Today, both companies are proud to announce that three H225 helicopters – two full search and rescue (SAR) variants with, respectively, 20 total (factory) flight hours and 284 hours still under original OEM warranty, and one 2014 offshore variant – are being returned to service to become fully airworthy under EASA regulations and flight ready to be operated in any region of the world.
The H225 market has seen some positive signs recently and the time is right. This RTS activity will allow any operator requiring such aircraft to find a readily available solution. Airbus Helicopters and Safran Helicopter Engines have shown tremendous support throughout this process.
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident