Rotortrade Services, an international helicopter distributor and exclusive global distributor of Leonardo’s pre-owned helicopters, is glad to announce it has initiated return to service (RTS) activity on three Airbus H225 helicopters currently being maintained by Vector Aerospace.
Rotortrade was mandated earlier this year by a group of lenders to manage the repossession, maintenance and sale of several H225 and S-76C++ helicopters from CHC following its bankruptcy filing. After evaluating several maintenance providers, Rotortrade selected Vector Aerospace to ensure the H225s were properly stored according to the OEM’s maintenance manual and returned to service when need be.
Today, both companies are proud to announce that three H225 helicopters – two full search and rescue (SAR) variants with, respectively, 20 total (factory) flight hours and 284 hours still under original OEM warranty, and one 2014 offshore variant – are being returned to service to become fully airworthy under EASA regulations and flight ready to be operated in any region of the world.
The H225 market has seen some positive signs recently and the time is right. This RTS activity will allow any operator requiring such aircraft to find a readily available solution. Airbus Helicopters and Safran Helicopter Engines have shown tremendous support throughout this process.
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power