Coptersafety, a fast-growing flight training service provider, is taking one of the world’s first H145 level D full flight helicopter simulators into commercial use. The Finnish Civil Aviation Authority has granted the simulator the EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) level D certification. Level D is the highest level of full flight simulator qualifications available.
“This is the first major milestone on Coptersafety’s journey of becoming the world’s leading training service provider. This is where our true training capabilities really can start. I am pleased to inaugurate the world’s most advanced H145 simulator, predictably on schedule, and to invite all H145 helicopter operators to improve the safety performance of their operations,” said Mikko Dahlman, CEO, Coptersafety. “More precisely, I am proud to offer my fellow H145 pilots the best available training and bringing the entire industry’s safety development to a whole new level,” Dahlman, also a H145 pilot, continues.
Precision and punctuality are at the core of safety
The H145 simulator is delivered by TRU Simulation + Training, a subsidiary of Textron Inc. The Airbus Helicopters’ H145 is currently one of the best-selling light twin rotorcraft models. It is being widely operated in emergency medical services (HEMS), but also in passenger and corporate transport, and search and rescue (SAR) roles. However, there has been a lack of H145 level D simulators in the industry, so far.
TRU was selected to deliver the simulator, as they convinced Coptersafety to be capable of delivering it on time. The installation started In July 2017, and lasted for roughly three months, as originally planned. “Staying on schedule and delivering as promised is a matter of honour to us. Precision is at the core of our service, especially since our mission is to improve aviation safety. Finns are known for their punctuality and incorruptibility, so being rooted in Finland has many advantages,” said Mikko Dahlman.
Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance among their first clients
One of Coptersafety’s first H145 simulator clients is Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance.
“Babcock SAA is committed to improving the safety of its HEMS operations, without forgetting training efficiency. The certification of Coptersafety’s H145 full flight simulator brings a new, unique, high-quality option to the flight training community. We are excited for this opportunity and will benefit from the one-to-one supplemental equipment onboard, along with operational areas that include detailed hospital helipads,” said Eetu Peuraniemi, Deputy Crew Training Manager, Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance.
The H145 simulator is now available for training purposes in Coptersafety’s modern training centre, adjacent to the Helsinki International Airport in Finland.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services