Mexico’s Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics (DGAC) approved the Offshore and Utility Type Certificate for the Sikorsky S-92® helicopter. The certificate enables the operation of S-92 helicopters in Mexico, in all production configurations including offshore oil and gas transportation, search and rescue, as well as regional airline passenger service and VIP transportation.
DGAC signed the certificate Nov. 6, capping an intensive three-year effort to introduce the S-92 helicopter manufactured by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), to Mexico.
“Sikorsky has been excited to watch the evolution of the offshore oil and gas industry in Mexico,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Oil & Gas, David Martin. “As the industry expands into new territory, safe and reliable offshore transportation will ensure they remain on schedule and on budget. With this new certification of the S-92 aircraft, operators and oil and gas companies can select a true heavy helicopter that has the proven reliability and safety to support their success.”
“This moves us another step forward in our overall Latin America strategy,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Latin America, Adam Schierholz. “The region has long had faith in Sikorsky products, specifically the Black Hawk. It’s a natural progression, as oil markets expand in Mexico and Colombia that the S-92 would start to play a prominent role in that sector.”
The S-92 was certified in Colombia in November 2016.
Sikorsky has delivered nearly 300 S-92 helicopters since 2004. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. These helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, head of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease