Mexico’s Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics (DGAC) approved the Offshore and Utility Type Certificate for the Sikorsky S-92® helicopter. The certificate enables the operation of S-92 helicopters in Mexico, in all production configurations including offshore oil and gas transportation, search and rescue, as well as regional airline passenger service and VIP transportation.
DGAC signed the certificate Nov. 6, capping an intensive three-year effort to introduce the S-92 helicopter manufactured by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), to Mexico.
“Sikorsky has been excited to watch the evolution of the offshore oil and gas industry in Mexico,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Oil & Gas, David Martin. “As the industry expands into new territory, safe and reliable offshore transportation will ensure they remain on schedule and on budget. With this new certification of the S-92 aircraft, operators and oil and gas companies can select a true heavy helicopter that has the proven reliability and safety to support their success.”
“This moves us another step forward in our overall Latin America strategy,” said Sikorsky Vice President, Latin America, Adam Schierholz. “The region has long had faith in Sikorsky products, specifically the Black Hawk. It’s a natural progression, as oil markets expand in Mexico and Colombia that the S-92 would start to play a prominent role in that sector.”
The S-92 was certified in Colombia in November 2016.
Sikorsky has delivered nearly 300 S-92 helicopters since 2004. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. These helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, head of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills