The Russian Helicopters holding within the framework of the international exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017 concluded the first export contract for the supply of the civil helicopter Mi-171А2. The agreement is signed with the Indian Vectra Group company.
According to the document the medium, multi-purpose helicopter Mi-171А2 will be handed over to the Client in 2018. In addition, the contract provides for the option as regards one more machine as the holding press service reports.
“The whole raft of potential clients worldwide closely follows the development of this project so I am sure that certification and successful operation of Mi-171А2 in India will allow for implementing their interests into new contracts”, noted Andrey Boginsky, Director General of the Russian Helicopters holding.
The multi-purpose helicopter Mi-171А2 is the result of modernizing of the machines from the famous series Мi-8/Мi-17. The structure of Mi-171А2 underwent more than 80 changes as compared with the basic model. In particular, the helicopter is equipped with the engines VK-2500PS-03 with the digital control system.
The machine hosts the digital navigation instrumentation with display data indication, which allowed for reduction of crew to two persons. The incorporation of airborne avionics for diagnostics and control equipment assigned for monitoring of the main systems enhanced the reliability of the helicopter and allowed for reducing time for its technical maintenance. Mi-171А2 hosts more efficient Х-shaped antitorque propeller and a new main rotor with all-composite blades.
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation