The Russian Helicopters holding within the framework of the international exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017 concluded the first export contract for the supply of the civil helicopter Mi-171А2. The agreement is signed with the Indian Vectra Group company.
According to the document the medium, multi-purpose helicopter Mi-171А2 will be handed over to the Client in 2018. In addition, the contract provides for the option as regards one more machine as the holding press service reports.
“The whole raft of potential clients worldwide closely follows the development of this project so I am sure that certification and successful operation of Mi-171А2 in India will allow for implementing their interests into new contracts”, noted Andrey Boginsky, Director General of the Russian Helicopters holding.
The multi-purpose helicopter Mi-171А2 is the result of modernizing of the machines from the famous series Мi-8/Мi-17. The structure of Mi-171А2 underwent more than 80 changes as compared with the basic model. In particular, the helicopter is equipped with the engines VK-2500PS-03 with the digital control system.
The machine hosts the digital navigation instrumentation with display data indication, which allowed for reduction of crew to two persons. The incorporation of airborne avionics for diagnostics and control equipment assigned for monitoring of the main systems enhanced the reliability of the helicopter and allowed for reducing time for its technical maintenance. Mi-171А2 hosts more efficient Х-shaped antitorque propeller and a new main rotor with all-composite blades.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills