Esterline Avionics Systems is promoting its advanced displays and CMC Electronics brand Integrated Helicopter Solutions at this year’s Dubai Airshow in Booth #1440. On show for the first time at Dubai is Esterline’s helicopter demonstrator featuring an extensive range of the company’s core avionics capabilities.
Don Paolucci, Vice President, Navigation and Integrated Systems, Esterline CMC Electronics, said: “Our Integrated Helicopter Solutions are highly flexible, allowing for multiple levels of modernization, from a minor upgrade to a full avionics suite. Our goal is to optimize situational awareness for our commercial and military customers and ensure their mission success.”
The core of Esterline’s Integrated Helicopter Solutions includes Smart Multi-Function Displays (SMFD), Flight Management Systems (FMS), Aircraft Information Servers (AIS), Global Positioning System (GPS) sensors and Doppler Velocity Sensors (DVS), mission computers and a wide range of high-quality display products. Esterline’s Integrated Helicopter Solutions are scalable and flexible, and suitable for modular retrofits and advanced forward-fit applications. The Helicopter Demonstrator showcases these intuitive features for helicopter operators.
The latest generation 6”x8” Smart Multi-Function Display known as the MFD-3068 is an open architecture platform, featuring next-generation MOSArt™ (Modular Open System Architecture) middleware built with non-proprietary industry standards for the partitioning of applications (ARINC 653) and the latest in Multi-Core Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS). The display is complemented by Esterline supplied software applications (PFD, Navigation, etc.), customer supplied applications or both. With an optical quality second to none, the display offers true 8-bit colour rendition with optical performance stabilized over its design life-time and its extended operating temperature envelope (+70C continuous).
Esterline’s CMC Electronics communication, navigation, surveillance / air traffic management (CNS/ATM) aligned solutions extend the operational life of aircraft and rotorcraft. The CMA-9000 FMS is a field-proven, highly integrated and flexible product that provides flight management and multi-sensor navigation throughout all phases of flight as well as radio management and many specialized functions that help reduce pilot workload during mission-critical applications. The CMA-9000 supports both military and civil navigation modes, with compliance to the latest standards for Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) approaches.
On display for the first time at Dubai is the CMC Electronics CMA-6024 GPS Landing System Sensor that delivers a high-reliability Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) guidance, Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV) approaches and Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS) CAT-I/II/III Precision Approach Solution for all aircraft. Achieving precision CAT-II and CAT III landings at helipads or performing precise helicopter landings for offshore operations are excellent examples of why helicopter operators will turn to the CMA-6024 as their GPS Precision Approach solution of choice. The CMA-6024 aviation GPS/SBAS/GBAS sensor, featuring an embedded VHF Data Broadcast (VDB) receiver, is a complete, self-contained, fully certified, Precision Approach and navigation solution, certified to Design Assurance Level A (DAL-A). Designed as an easy-to-integrate solution for all aircraft and rotorcraft, the plug and play, standalone unit requires no specialized installation or integration support.
Also on display is the TacView® Portable Mission Display which increases crew efficiency by hosting applications that provide situational awareness and reduce cockpit workload. TacView® can interface with a number of radio and Satcom data link systems, and provide access to moving maps, mission planning systems, approach plates, checklists, flight and maintenance manuals, as well as host any Windows® based applications. Designed for autonomous operation, TacView can be installed and removed in seconds. It provides the means to quickly deploy new capability and functionality at a fraction of the time and cost of alternative systems.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills