Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s helicopter industry. If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at rotor.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream!
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship:
- Have a private helicopter license
- Be enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship:
- Be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician (AMT) school, or be a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, have your respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests completed andprovide proof of foreign citizenship.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship:
- Be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2018 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety:
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, November 30, 2017
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills