[electronic translation] The Helicopters of Russia (part of the Rostekh State Corporation) delivered the first batch of multipurpose military transport helicopters Mi-8AMTSh produced by the Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant to the newly created Federal Service of the Russian National Guard. Machines have already arrived at their home base and proceeded to carry out combat duty.
“Holding” Helicopters of Russia “continues to equip the state aviation of special purpose with new helicopter equipment.Military-transport helicopters MI-8AMTSH, transferred by Rosgvardia, are equipped with modern equipment that allows to fulfill tasks assigned to the department in the round-the-clock mode to ensure public order and public security, terrorism, protection of important state facilities and assistance to border authorities in protecting the state border “- з He revealed Deputy General Director of the holding “Russian Helicopters” Sales Vladislav Savelyev.
Military transport helicopters Mi-8AMTSH combine combat, search and rescue and transport functions, which guarantees aviation support to the units of Rosgvardia when performing any kind of tasks.
The machines delivered to the customer are equipped with modern radio-communication and flight-navigation equipment. To improve the accuracy and safety of navigation, helicopters have a satellite navigation system. In addition, the aircraft is adapted to use night vision goggles, which allows you to fly in night conditions at extremely low altitudes, as well as take offs and landings from unmarked sites.
The main fuel tanks are filled with polyurethane foam, which prevents the explosion of fuel from the bullets of small arms, and additional fuel tanks placed in the cargo cabin increase the range of the helicopter to 1,065 km. The increase in the protection of helicopters in the performance of combat missions was achieved due to the installed set of easily removable armored plates, the presence of a device for the ejection of thermal traps UV-26M and equipment for setting up IR interference.
Shtvornevye installations for personal weapons paratroopers in the left and right sliding doors, folding blisters, as well as the stern PKT machine gun in the enlarged central hatch of the cargo doors allow fire from both sides and the rear hemisphere of the helicopter.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills