[electronic translation] The Helicopters of Russia (part of the Rostekh State Corporation) delivered the first batch of multipurpose military transport helicopters Mi-8AMTSh produced by the Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant to the newly created Federal Service of the Russian National Guard. Machines have already arrived at their home base and proceeded to carry out combat duty.
“Holding” Helicopters of Russia “continues to equip the state aviation of special purpose with new helicopter equipment.Military-transport helicopters MI-8AMTSH, transferred by Rosgvardia, are equipped with modern equipment that allows to fulfill tasks assigned to the department in the round-the-clock mode to ensure public order and public security, terrorism, protection of important state facilities and assistance to border authorities in protecting the state border “- з He revealed Deputy General Director of the holding “Russian Helicopters” Sales Vladislav Savelyev.
Military transport helicopters Mi-8AMTSH combine combat, search and rescue and transport functions, which guarantees aviation support to the units of Rosgvardia when performing any kind of tasks.
The machines delivered to the customer are equipped with modern radio-communication and flight-navigation equipment. To improve the accuracy and safety of navigation, helicopters have a satellite navigation system. In addition, the aircraft is adapted to use night vision goggles, which allows you to fly in night conditions at extremely low altitudes, as well as take offs and landings from unmarked sites.
The main fuel tanks are filled with polyurethane foam, which prevents the explosion of fuel from the bullets of small arms, and additional fuel tanks placed in the cargo cabin increase the range of the helicopter to 1,065 km. The increase in the protection of helicopters in the performance of combat missions was achieved due to the installed set of easily removable armored plates, the presence of a device for the ejection of thermal traps UV-26M and equipment for setting up IR interference.
Shtvornevye installations for personal weapons paratroopers in the left and right sliding doors, folding blisters, as well as the stern PKT machine gun in the enlarged central hatch of the cargo doors allow fire from both sides and the rear hemisphere of the helicopter.
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018