On 16 November, Helicopter Association International (HAI) and the American Helicopter Society International (AHS) co-hosted a Flying Quiet webinar, held at HAI headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
This event featured members from the FAA’s Noise Division within the Office of Environment and Energy, as well as presentations from NASA, the Department of Transportation’s Volpe Center, helicopter manufacturers, HAI’s Fly Neighborly Committee, and the AHS Acoustics Technical Committee.
The goal of the event was to enlighten the helicopter community on current research efforts by the FAA, research organizations, helicopter manufacturers, and academia focused on reducing helicopter noise and noise complaints. The webinar also provided a means for the 65 registered participants to solicit feedback and ideas for future research and to identify gaps, synergy, or overlaps in noise research efforts.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills