MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) proudly announces the delivery of a newly converted MD 902 Explorer to Springfield, Missouri-based CoxHealth. Previously operated by the Dutch Police and the United States Coast Guard as an MD 900, the aircraft was upgraded at MDHI’s Mesa, Arizona Factory Service Center via the company’s exclusive MD 900-to-902 Upgrade program, and delivered as a certified MD 902 with full factory warranty. The purchase of this helicopter, the second to join the CoxHealth family, was announced in April of this year.
“This helicopter is absolutely perfect for meeting our EMS/air ambulance needs,” said Susan Crum, RN, Cox Air Care Program Director. “Not only does the MD 902 offer excellent maneuverability and increased safety for our in-flight medical teams and the patients we serve, it also delivers unmatched reliability and low operating costs; allowing us to meet both patient care and operational objectives with ease.”
The MD 902, featuring MD Helicopters’ proprietary NOTAR® technology, offers improved safety, a larger cabin, smoother flight, and a reduced noise profile versus other helicopters in its class. This combination enables in-flight medical crews to safely deliver the critical care that could be the difference between life and death.
“Just as CoxHealth sets the standard for exceptional EMS/air ambulance service to the citizens of southwest Missouri, the MD 900/902 sets the standard in performance, affordability, dependability and safety in the global public safety arena,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial & Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud of our partnership with CoxHealth and honored to be part of the continued growth of their network. We look forward to a long and healthy relationship with this incredibly passionate and professional healthcare team.”
CoxHealth first chose the MD Explorer as its EMS/air ambulance platform in 2007. With this latest acquisition, CoxHealth has standardized its growing fleet on the proven MD platform, reinforcing their commitment to deliver operational economies alongside improved patient care.
Crum concluded, “We are truly overwhelmed with how beautiful this aircraft is, and just cannot wait to get her home.”
The CoxHealth Air Care team has the option of having their newly certified MD 902 retrofit with MDHI’s advanced, all-glass cockpit featuring integrated Genesys Aerosystems’ Advanced IDU-680 displays. With the activation of this option, the CoxHealth team will become the first EMS/Air Medical MD 902 operator to field this advanced cockpit configuration.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet