MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) proudly announces the delivery of a newly converted MD 902 Explorer to Springfield, Missouri-based CoxHealth. Previously operated by the Dutch Police and the United States Coast Guard as an MD 900, the aircraft was upgraded at MDHI’s Mesa, Arizona Factory Service Center via the company’s exclusive MD 900-to-902 Upgrade program, and delivered as a certified MD 902 with full factory warranty. The purchase of this helicopter, the second to join the CoxHealth family, was announced in April of this year.
“This helicopter is absolutely perfect for meeting our EMS/air ambulance needs,” said Susan Crum, RN, Cox Air Care Program Director. “Not only does the MD 902 offer excellent maneuverability and increased safety for our in-flight medical teams and the patients we serve, it also delivers unmatched reliability and low operating costs; allowing us to meet both patient care and operational objectives with ease.”
The MD 902, featuring MD Helicopters’ proprietary NOTAR® technology, offers improved safety, a larger cabin, smoother flight, and a reduced noise profile versus other helicopters in its class. This combination enables in-flight medical crews to safely deliver the critical care that could be the difference between life and death.
“Just as CoxHealth sets the standard for exceptional EMS/air ambulance service to the citizens of southwest Missouri, the MD 900/902 sets the standard in performance, affordability, dependability and safety in the global public safety arena,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial & Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud of our partnership with CoxHealth and honored to be part of the continued growth of their network. We look forward to a long and healthy relationship with this incredibly passionate and professional healthcare team.”
CoxHealth first chose the MD Explorer as its EMS/air ambulance platform in 2007. With this latest acquisition, CoxHealth has standardized its growing fleet on the proven MD platform, reinforcing their commitment to deliver operational economies alongside improved patient care.
Crum concluded, “We are truly overwhelmed with how beautiful this aircraft is, and just cannot wait to get her home.”
The CoxHealth Air Care team has the option of having their newly certified MD 902 retrofit with MDHI’s advanced, all-glass cockpit featuring integrated Genesys Aerosystems’ Advanced IDU-680 displays. With the activation of this option, the CoxHealth team will become the first EMS/Air Medical MD 902 operator to field this advanced cockpit configuration.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin