IEX Helicopters, best known for their twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters for executive charters, as well as their exclusive Catalina Island flight excursions, wants to help make helicopter travel more common and in-reach as the ultimate alternative to distance and traffic congestion.
“If Uber, AirBnB, and Expedia merged to focus on helicopter travel, they would have created the EvoLux platform to disrupt the traditional charter booking process and provide some relief to SoCal travelers wanting to rise above the congestion.” said Ben Villalobos, VP of Business Development with IEX Helicopters.
When you have a group of 3 or 4 going to ball game, but there’s 8 seats on a helicopter, how do you find others ahead of time that are looking to take off from the same location, going to the same destination at the same time? Enter EvoLux’s newest feature, SKYSHARE GROUPS!
These “Groups” are public and private discussion boards, not actual flight reservations, where EVOLUX APP users can join others on common routes to shared destinations, collaborate on itineraries, and pre-organize SKYSHARE reservations that can be posted within these groups for those who have expressed interest to join the reservation and take their seats.
Check out some of the IEX sponsored routes and join SKYSHARE GROUPS that make the most sense for you! As an early adopter of SKYSHARE , you can invite others to these routes that would love sharing helicopter flights with you and others over and around Southern California’s traffic, or you can create your own private group routes that align best with your custom travel needs.
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation