On 15th November 2017, two Mi-172 helicopters of VNH South were safely ferried from Dumai and Pekanbaru – Indonesia back to Vung Tau Airport, successfully completing Fire Fighting Contract for Indonesian Government. This is the 2nd consecutive year that VNH South provides the package services including aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance for fire-fighting, passenger and cargo transport in Indonesia under the circumstance that domestic demands for oil and gas helicopter service have dramatically declined nearly half.
From April to October 2017, the two Mi-172 helicopters had performed over 500 flying hours to accomplish customer’s fire fighting missions. Mr. Edwin – Director of PT. Komala Indonesia said, “VNH South’s Pilots had excellent performance in fire fighting flights and well coordinating with other teams from Ukraine, Singapore… in fire expanding areas. Efficiency in water bombing had reached high level to ensure the fire isolated. Besides that, VNH South’s technicians and ground team were always ready to handle technical issues to optimize flying time and enable the helicopters’s continuos performance without cease”. Obviously, safety and service quality are always VNH South’s top priority no matter where the services are carried out.
“Signing contracts for 02 consecutive years with PT. Komala Indonesia and receiving customer’s positive appraisals prove our right direction. This chance has let us enhance operations efficiency of helicopter fleet, consolidate the trust of our regional customers and partners”. said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung – Director of VNH South.
In the year 2018, VNH South is scheduled to join bidding for providing fire fighting service in Indonesia and penetrate deep into other segments such as offshore service, cargo and equipment transportation.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018