On 15th November 2017, two Mi-172 helicopters of VNH South were safely ferried from Dumai and Pekanbaru – Indonesia back to Vung Tau Airport, successfully completing Fire Fighting Contract for Indonesian Government. This is the 2nd consecutive year that VNH South provides the package services including aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance for fire-fighting, passenger and cargo transport in Indonesia under the circumstance that domestic demands for oil and gas helicopter service have dramatically declined nearly half.
From April to October 2017, the two Mi-172 helicopters had performed over 500 flying hours to accomplish customer’s fire fighting missions. Mr. Edwin – Director of PT. Komala Indonesia said, “VNH South’s Pilots had excellent performance in fire fighting flights and well coordinating with other teams from Ukraine, Singapore… in fire expanding areas. Efficiency in water bombing had reached high level to ensure the fire isolated. Besides that, VNH South’s technicians and ground team were always ready to handle technical issues to optimize flying time and enable the helicopters’s continuos performance without cease”. Obviously, safety and service quality are always VNH South’s top priority no matter where the services are carried out.
“Signing contracts for 02 consecutive years with PT. Komala Indonesia and receiving customer’s positive appraisals prove our right direction. This chance has let us enhance operations efficiency of helicopter fleet, consolidate the trust of our regional customers and partners”. said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung – Director of VNH South.
In the year 2018, VNH South is scheduled to join bidding for providing fire fighting service in Indonesia and penetrate deep into other segments such as offshore service, cargo and equipment transportation.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills