On 15th November 2017, two Mi-172 helicopters of VNH South were safely ferried from Dumai and Pekanbaru – Indonesia back to Vung Tau Airport, successfully completing Fire Fighting Contract for Indonesian Government. This is the 2nd consecutive year that VNH South provides the package services including aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance for fire-fighting, passenger and cargo transport in Indonesia under the circumstance that domestic demands for oil and gas helicopter service have dramatically declined nearly half.
From April to October 2017, the two Mi-172 helicopters had performed over 500 flying hours to accomplish customer’s fire fighting missions. Mr. Edwin – Director of PT. Komala Indonesia said, “VNH South’s Pilots had excellent performance in fire fighting flights and well coordinating with other teams from Ukraine, Singapore… in fire expanding areas. Efficiency in water bombing had reached high level to ensure the fire isolated. Besides that, VNH South’s technicians and ground team were always ready to handle technical issues to optimize flying time and enable the helicopters’s continuos performance without cease”. Obviously, safety and service quality are always VNH South’s top priority no matter where the services are carried out.
“Signing contracts for 02 consecutive years with PT. Komala Indonesia and receiving customer’s positive appraisals prove our right direction. This chance has let us enhance operations efficiency of helicopter fleet, consolidate the trust of our regional customers and partners”. said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung – Director of VNH South.
In the year 2018, VNH South is scheduled to join bidding for providing fire fighting service in Indonesia and penetrate deep into other segments such as offshore service, cargo and equipment transportation.
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation