On 15th November 2017, two Mi-172 helicopters of VNH South were safely ferried from Dumai and Pekanbaru – Indonesia back to Vung Tau Airport, successfully completing Fire Fighting Contract for Indonesian Government. This is the 2nd consecutive year that VNH South provides the package services including aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance for fire-fighting, passenger and cargo transport in Indonesia under the circumstance that domestic demands for oil and gas helicopter service have dramatically declined nearly half.
From April to October 2017, the two Mi-172 helicopters had performed over 500 flying hours to accomplish customer’s fire fighting missions. Mr. Edwin – Director of PT. Komala Indonesia said, “VNH South’s Pilots had excellent performance in fire fighting flights and well coordinating with other teams from Ukraine, Singapore… in fire expanding areas. Efficiency in water bombing had reached high level to ensure the fire isolated. Besides that, VNH South’s technicians and ground team were always ready to handle technical issues to optimize flying time and enable the helicopters’s continuos performance without cease”. Obviously, safety and service quality are always VNH South’s top priority no matter where the services are carried out.
“Signing contracts for 02 consecutive years with PT. Komala Indonesia and receiving customer’s positive appraisals prove our right direction. This chance has let us enhance operations efficiency of helicopter fleet, consolidate the trust of our regional customers and partners”. said Capt. Kieu Dang Hung – Director of VNH South.
In the year 2018, VNH South is scheduled to join bidding for providing fire fighting service in Indonesia and penetrate deep into other segments such as offshore service, cargo and equipment transportation.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded