Airbus Helicopters celebrated the tenth anniversary of its Albacete factory, underlining the essential role that the Spanish plant will play as part of the company’s new industrial strategy. The same day, a ceremony was presided in Albacete by the Spanish Minister of Defense, Maria Dolores de Cospedal, who took the opportunity to sign the handover certificate for two H215s to the Spanish Air Force’s 802 Squadron/RCC Canarias as well as two HAD/E Tigers and an NH90 for the Spanish Army Airmobile Force (FAMET).
Along with production sites in France and Germany, the Albacete plant will become a centre of excellence for the manufacture of major components assemblies, bringing increased quality and competitiveness as well as long-term visibility for the industrial activity in Albacete. The Spanish plant will specialize in the production and integration of the rear fuselages of all Airbus helicopters for the global market.
“We are especially proud of our 10-year presence in Spain and we want the country to be a key part of our shared project to maintain our status as the world’s leading helicopter manufacturer,” said Guillaume Faury, Airbus Helicopters CEO. “Adapting to the market situation, we have transformed our company to become more competitive and increased our industrial efficiency by specialising our production sites and expanding their competences,” he added.
Airbus Helicopters’ strategy in Spain also includes the creation of a National Support Centre that will support the helicopter fleets of the Spanish Ministry of Defense. In doing so, the centre will perform a similar role to existing sites in France and Germany.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away