Airbus Helicopters has been awarded a contract from South Korea’s National 119 Rescue Headquarters for the purchase of two additional H225 helicopters.
The National 119 Rescue Headquarters currently operates an all-Airbus helicopter fleet comprising two AS365 N2 and two H225. This new purchase will bring the fleet of the country’s primary provider of firefighting and rescue services to six helicopters by end 2019.
The agency will be using these two multirole H225 helicopters for search and rescue missions, with the flexibility to reconfigure them to accommodate fire-fighting and emergency medical services equipment onboard the aircraft.
“The National 119 Rescue Headquarters has been operating Airbus helicopters for over 20 years and we are happy to see how our helicopters have continued to play a vital role in the agency’s mandate to protect and save lives”, said Marie-Agnes Veve, Head of North Asia of Airbus Helicopters. “The addition of the two H225 to the agency’s fleet illustrates our customer’s confidence in our products and their performance. Given its versatility and endurance in all-weather condition, we know the H225 will continue to be a capable workhorse for the agency’s missions.”
The H225, the latest member of Airbus Helicopters’ Super Puma family, is an 11-ton category twin-turbine multirole utility rotorcraft which accommodates up to 24 passengers. Equipped with state-of-the-art electronic instruments and autopilot system, the H225 offers outstanding endurance and fast cruise speed, and may be fitted with various equipment to suit any role.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride