Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has opened its first Authorized Warranty and Repair Station in Colombia to better provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for military forces in the region. The new facility will give Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation the capacity and resources it needs to maintain engine fuel control units and power turbine governors for the Military Forces of Colombia and other militaries and civil customers in-region, ultimately enhancing aircraft availability and readiness.
Honeywell worked closely with Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation (CIAC) and the Aeronautical Center of Maintenance from the Colombian Air Force on infrastructure and training for the new facility. With it, CIAC now has access to Honeywell-certified aircraft parts that are available in-region. This helps drastically cut down on aircraft downtime and maintenance costs for regional military aircraft, giving operators quicker and more reliable service. Aircraft that can be serviced include Bell 212, Bell 412, C90, T27, ARAVA, C95, Cheyenne, PA-42, C208, H500, Bell 206, TH67, Bell206J, C208, C90GTX, and Y12.
This is the second Authorized Warranty and Repair Station (AWARS) certified by Honeywell in Latin America, but it is the first time in Colombia that an agreement has been established between a national entity and an original equipment manufacturer for the commercialization of aeronautical services. This project is the beginning of a long-term relationship that Honeywell hopes to establish with the CIAC and with the Military Forces of Colombia to better support and reinforce the needs of the region.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet