Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has opened its first Authorized Warranty and Repair Station in Colombia to better provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for military forces in the region. The new facility will give Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation the capacity and resources it needs to maintain engine fuel control units and power turbine governors for the Military Forces of Colombia and other militaries and civil customers in-region, ultimately enhancing aircraft availability and readiness.
Honeywell worked closely with Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation (CIAC) and the Aeronautical Center of Maintenance from the Colombian Air Force on infrastructure and training for the new facility. With it, CIAC now has access to Honeywell-certified aircraft parts that are available in-region. This helps drastically cut down on aircraft downtime and maintenance costs for regional military aircraft, giving operators quicker and more reliable service. Aircraft that can be serviced include Bell 212, Bell 412, C90, T27, ARAVA, C95, Cheyenne, PA-42, C208, H500, Bell 206, TH67, Bell206J, C208, C90GTX, and Y12.
This is the second Authorized Warranty and Repair Station (AWARS) certified by Honeywell in Latin America, but it is the first time in Colombia that an agreement has been established between a national entity and an original equipment manufacturer for the commercialization of aeronautical services. This project is the beginning of a long-term relationship that Honeywell hopes to establish with the CIAC and with the Military Forces of Colombia to better support and reinforce the needs of the region.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket