Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has opened its first Authorized Warranty and Repair Station in Colombia to better provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for military forces in the region. The new facility will give Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation the capacity and resources it needs to maintain engine fuel control units and power turbine governors for the Military Forces of Colombia and other militaries and civil customers in-region, ultimately enhancing aircraft availability and readiness.
Honeywell worked closely with Colombia’s Aeronautics Industry Corporation (CIAC) and the Aeronautical Center of Maintenance from the Colombian Air Force on infrastructure and training for the new facility. With it, CIAC now has access to Honeywell-certified aircraft parts that are available in-region. This helps drastically cut down on aircraft downtime and maintenance costs for regional military aircraft, giving operators quicker and more reliable service. Aircraft that can be serviced include Bell 212, Bell 412, C90, T27, ARAVA, C95, Cheyenne, PA-42, C208, H500, Bell 206, TH67, Bell206J, C208, C90GTX, and Y12.
This is the second Authorized Warranty and Repair Station (AWARS) certified by Honeywell in Latin America, but it is the first time in Colombia that an agreement has been established between a national entity and an original equipment manufacturer for the commercialization of aeronautical services. This project is the beginning of a long-term relationship that Honeywell hopes to establish with the CIAC and with the Military Forces of Colombia to better support and reinforce the needs of the region.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly