Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the delivery of four Bell 412EP helicopters to Argentina. The Government of Argentina will use these aircraft for search and rescue operations, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, peacekeeping support, scientific operations in the Antarctic, and other missions.
“This is an important milestone for Bell Helicopter and we are proud to deliver four Bell 412EPs to improve the safety and security of Argentinean citizens,” said Jay Ortiz, vice president, Latin America. “The Bell 412 is known for its reliable performance under the most extreme circumstances and is the choice aircraft to support the missions of the Government of Argentina.”
The proposal for the four Bell 412EPs was submitted by the Government of Argentina and approved by the State Department in 2015.
The Bell 412 and its variants offer the most rugged medium twin-engine helicopter available, with the best readiness rate of any helicopter in its class. The Bell 412EP possesses a dual digital automatic flight control system with available IFR option and Category A/JAR OPS 3 capability provides greater control and improved situational awareness. With a cruise speed of 122 knots (226 kph), range of 357 nautical miles (662 km) and an expansive cabin easily accommodating 13 passengers and two crew members, the Bell 412EP is capable of fitting multiple mission criteria.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years