2017 was a year of natural disasters, and each time, helicopter crews responded. Fire, flood, hurricane, earthquake — unfortunately our industry had many opportunities to demonstrate the unique abilities of helicopters to conduct rescue, relief, and recovery missions.
Helicopter Association International proudly salutes the men, women, companies, agencies, units, and squadrons who answered the calls for assistance throughout 2017. Whether you flew the aircraft, maintained it, or had any role in relief and recovery missions for natural disasters, we are honored to be your colleagues.
Much as we did in 2006 for Hurricane Katrina responders, HAI will honor your work at HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 in Las Vegas. HAI will present certificates of honor to individuals, companies, or organizations who responded to natural disasters in 2017. If you are unable to attend, we will mail your certificate to you.
We invite you to self-nominate for your efforts using this form. Equally, we ask that you provide photo or videos of your participation in these efforts, so that we may display them during HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 and on our social media channels.
Thank you for your efforts to serve your community, your nation, and your fellow man. You represent the best of our industry.
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China
- Boeing to supply Indonesia with AH-64E and CH-47F Chinooks
- Good progress on heliport at Kempegowda Airport
- APL wins two-year EMS contract for Langkawi Hospital
- French military awards UAV helicopter development contract to Airbus and Naval Group