The S-92® helicopter produced by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), takes center stage in the debut of the new Science Channel series “Mega Machines.”
This debut episode airs Thursday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. EST/PST on the Science Channel. The engineering-focused show highlights the robust design and reliability of the S-92 and features Cougar Helicopters Inc., which exclusively operates S-92 helicopters and performs search and rescue and worker transport missions to oil rigs off the Canadian coast.
“With a fleet of nine S-92 helicopters, Cougar is proud to tell the story of our use of this powerful and reliable machine to save lives in one of the world’s most demanding environments,” said Hank Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Cougar Helicopters Inc.
“Sikorsky’s founder, Igor Sikorsky, envisioned the helicopter as a life-saving machine,” said Dana Fiatarone, Sikorsky’s vice president for Commercial Systems & Services. “Sikorsky is thrilled to participate and show viewers how our engineering and design philosophies are providing the platform of choice to save lives today, all while supporting our founder’s vision.”
The one-hour episode examines the technologies that distinguish the S-92 helicopter and follows a Cougar Helicopters Inc. crew as they demonstrate search and rescue missions in a variety of difficult environments.
Sikorsky will celebrate the delivery of the 300th S-92 helicopter to its global fleet in the first quarter of 2018. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation and search and rescue, as well as head of state missions and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Airbus delivers first H145s to Rega
- Maverick Helicopters joins air program for Burning Man 2018
- Biggin Hill Airport sets up Heli shuttle in New York
- Offshore Helicopter Industry Leaders Speak On Next Steps to Enhance Safety
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider