The S-92® helicopter produced by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), takes center stage in the debut of the new Science Channel series “Mega Machines.”
This debut episode airs Thursday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. EST/PST on the Science Channel. The engineering-focused show highlights the robust design and reliability of the S-92 and features Cougar Helicopters Inc., which exclusively operates S-92 helicopters and performs search and rescue and worker transport missions to oil rigs off the Canadian coast.
“With a fleet of nine S-92 helicopters, Cougar is proud to tell the story of our use of this powerful and reliable machine to save lives in one of the world’s most demanding environments,” said Hank Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Cougar Helicopters Inc.
“Sikorsky’s founder, Igor Sikorsky, envisioned the helicopter as a life-saving machine,” said Dana Fiatarone, Sikorsky’s vice president for Commercial Systems & Services. “Sikorsky is thrilled to participate and show viewers how our engineering and design philosophies are providing the platform of choice to save lives today, all while supporting our founder’s vision.”
The one-hour episode examines the technologies that distinguish the S-92 helicopter and follows a Cougar Helicopters Inc. crew as they demonstrate search and rescue missions in a variety of difficult environments.
Sikorsky will celebrate the delivery of the 300th S-92 helicopter to its global fleet in the first quarter of 2018. With a best-in-class safety record and industry-leading dispatch availability, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation and search and rescue, as well as head of state missions and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China
- Boeing to supply Indonesia with AH-64E and CH-47F Chinooks
- Good progress on heliport at Kempegowda Airport
- APL wins two-year EMS contract for Langkawi Hospital
- French military awards UAV helicopter development contract to Airbus and Naval Group