MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the purchase of a new MD 530F helicopter by the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit. Approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in December, the new MD 530F will replace one of the Department’s two helicopters that was involved in an accident earlier this year.
The Gwinnett County Aviation Unit has flown MD Helicopters’ 500-Series helicopters since the mid-1980s.
“A proven and reliable platform for law enforcement aviation units worldwide, the MD 530F delivers optimized operational capabilities and greater mission versatility than other aircraft in its class” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial and Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud to have been Gwinnett County’s platform-of-choice for nearly 30-years, and are honored that the Gwinnett County team has chosen to welcome another MDHI aircraft to their family.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of Gwinnett County’s existing MD 530F, the new helicopter will feature the 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with MD Helicopters’ new all-glass cockpit, as well as wire strike protection, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and provisions for a nose-mounted EO/IO solution and recessed PA Speaker Mount. The complete, upgraded law enforcement mission equipment package will be installed by Hiram, Georgia-based Rotor Resources, LLC, an authorized MD Helicopters Service Center.
Based at Briscoe Field & Gwinnett County Airports, the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit is responsible for providing direct aerial support to uniformed patrol officers responding to criminal activity, and general support to all other divisions within the Gwinnett County Government.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit will take delivery of their new MD 530F in 4Q 2018.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years