MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the purchase of a new MD 530F helicopter by the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit. Approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in December, the new MD 530F will replace one of the Department’s two helicopters that was involved in an accident earlier this year.
The Gwinnett County Aviation Unit has flown MD Helicopters’ 500-Series helicopters since the mid-1980s.
“A proven and reliable platform for law enforcement aviation units worldwide, the MD 530F delivers optimized operational capabilities and greater mission versatility than other aircraft in its class” said Andy Pillado, Vice President of Commercial and Military Sales for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are proud to have been Gwinnett County’s platform-of-choice for nearly 30-years, and are honored that the Gwinnett County team has chosen to welcome another MDHI aircraft to their family.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of Gwinnett County’s existing MD 530F, the new helicopter will feature the 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with MD Helicopters’ new all-glass cockpit, as well as wire strike protection, Fargo 21 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and provisions for a nose-mounted EO/IO solution and recessed PA Speaker Mount. The complete, upgraded law enforcement mission equipment package will be installed by Hiram, Georgia-based Rotor Resources, LLC, an authorized MD Helicopters Service Center.
Based at Briscoe Field & Gwinnett County Airports, the Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit is responsible for providing direct aerial support to uniformed patrol officers responding to criminal activity, and general support to all other divisions within the Gwinnett County Government.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Aviation Unit will take delivery of their new MD 530F in 4Q 2018.
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China
- Boeing to supply Indonesia with AH-64E and CH-47F Chinooks
- Good progress on heliport at Kempegowda Airport
- APL wins two-year EMS contract for Langkawi Hospital
- French military awards UAV helicopter development contract to Airbus and Naval Group