Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that it has completed a lease transaction for one H145 helicopter to CAF Táxi Aéreo (“CAF”) in Brazil to be used in private charter transportation within São Paulo. This transaction marks Waypoint’s 15th H145 delivery, and the first lease Waypoint has completed for private charter transportation.
Steffen Bay, Waypoint’s Vice President Sales & Relationship Management, Latin America, said, “We are pleased to complete our first transaction with CAF, an important new customer for Waypoint to make our entry into the private charter market. As part of our diversified global footprint we have been looking at how best to serve top tier passenger charter operators for some time as it has historically been underserved by lessors. Partnering with CAF in São Paulo, the largest urban helicopter market outside of the United States, is a great first step. Waypoint prides itself on our ability to provide technical leadership and flexible solutions to our customers, and we look forward to supporting CAF’s endeavors in the years to come.”
Cesar A. Federmann, CEO said, “CAF is an operator with very demanding customers, so we need to offer the safest and best performing aircraft available in the market. The H145 is an excellent aircraft with the safety standards and performance our customers expect in the latest technology aircraft. We chose Waypoint because of their reputation in the market and their flexible and cooperative approach. We were impressed with their knowledgeable team and are looking forward to continue working with them in the future”.
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 160 aircraft for more than 32 customers in over 31 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 85 helicopters valued at more than $1.1 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China
- Boeing to supply Indonesia with AH-64E and CH-47F Chinooks
- Good progress on heliport at Kempegowda Airport
- APL wins two-year EMS contract for Langkawi Hospital
- French military awards UAV helicopter development contract to Airbus and Naval Group