Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that it has completed a lease transaction for one H145 helicopter to CAF Táxi Aéreo (“CAF”) in Brazil to be used in private charter transportation within São Paulo. This transaction marks Waypoint’s 15th H145 delivery, and the first lease Waypoint has completed for private charter transportation.
Steffen Bay, Waypoint’s Vice President Sales & Relationship Management, Latin America, said, “We are pleased to complete our first transaction with CAF, an important new customer for Waypoint to make our entry into the private charter market. As part of our diversified global footprint we have been looking at how best to serve top tier passenger charter operators for some time as it has historically been underserved by lessors. Partnering with CAF in São Paulo, the largest urban helicopter market outside of the United States, is a great first step. Waypoint prides itself on our ability to provide technical leadership and flexible solutions to our customers, and we look forward to supporting CAF’s endeavors in the years to come.”
Cesar A. Federmann, CEO said, “CAF is an operator with very demanding customers, so we need to offer the safest and best performing aircraft available in the market. The H145 is an excellent aircraft with the safety standards and performance our customers expect in the latest technology aircraft. We chose Waypoint because of their reputation in the market and their flexible and cooperative approach. We were impressed with their knowledgeable team and are looking forward to continue working with them in the future”.
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 160 aircraft for more than 32 customers in over 31 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 85 helicopters valued at more than $1.1 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30