Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that it has completed a lease transaction for one H145 helicopter to CAF Táxi Aéreo (“CAF”) in Brazil to be used in private charter transportation within São Paulo. This transaction marks Waypoint’s 15th H145 delivery, and the first lease Waypoint has completed for private charter transportation.
Steffen Bay, Waypoint’s Vice President Sales & Relationship Management, Latin America, said, “We are pleased to complete our first transaction with CAF, an important new customer for Waypoint to make our entry into the private charter market. As part of our diversified global footprint we have been looking at how best to serve top tier passenger charter operators for some time as it has historically been underserved by lessors. Partnering with CAF in São Paulo, the largest urban helicopter market outside of the United States, is a great first step. Waypoint prides itself on our ability to provide technical leadership and flexible solutions to our customers, and we look forward to supporting CAF’s endeavors in the years to come.”
Cesar A. Federmann, CEO said, “CAF is an operator with very demanding customers, so we need to offer the safest and best performing aircraft available in the market. The H145 is an excellent aircraft with the safety standards and performance our customers expect in the latest technology aircraft. We chose Waypoint because of their reputation in the market and their flexible and cooperative approach. We were impressed with their knowledgeable team and are looking forward to continue working with them in the future”.
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 160 aircraft for more than 32 customers in over 31 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 85 helicopters valued at more than $1.1 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years