AECOM (NYSE:ACM), a premier, fully integrated global infrastructure firm, announced today that it has been awarded a nine-year contract by the U.S. Army Mission and Installation Contracting Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia to provide rotary wing flight training instructor support services at Fort Rucker, Alabama. The US$442 million, cost-plus-fixed-fee contract, which successfully resolved a protest, includes a 12-month base period plus option years, and is expected to be completed by September 30, 2026. The value of the contract will be added to AECOM’s backlog for the first quarter of fiscal year 2018.
“We are honored to strengthen our relationship with the U.S. Army by continuing to serve as its primary partner for rotary wing flight training,” said Michael S. Burke, AECOM’s chairman and chief executive officer. “For several years, we have been investing in our business to further differentiate our leading government services capabilities. Our continued partnership at Fort Rucker speaks to our success in these efforts. We look forward to safely and successfully delivering this contract for the U.S. Army.”
AECOM will continue to provide all personnel, supervision and other services necessary to perform on-going services for rotary wing flight training, flight training support and flight training service support.
AECOM’s rotary wing flight training organization provides classroom academic instruction and hands-on flight training. Using a variety of helicopters and flight simulation devices, the Company instructs each and every U.S. Army aviator during their initial entry rotary wing aviator training. The Company also instructs each U.S. Air Force helicopter pilot during their specialized undergraduate helicopter pilot training course.
Since 1989, AECOM and its legacy companies have trained more than 25,000 Army, Air Force and Allied students to meet their world-wide commitments as military rotary wing pilots.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride