ForeFlight co-founders Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller will be presented with the Aviation Entrepreneur of the Year Award during the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation award ceremony, an event that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation. The ceremony, hosted by John Travolta and Harrison Ford, will be held January 19, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.
In 2007, Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller started ForeFlight with one guiding mission: to create software that made flight planning easier. Today, ForeFlight has not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but also serves the needs of pilots and flight departments all over the world across all segments of aviation including personal, business, military, commercial, and education.
Mark Baker, President and CEO of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and 2017 Living Legends Hall of Fame inductee, echoes the thoughts of many long-time ForeFlight customers, “Innovation is an important part of growing the pilot population and improving safety. We are pleased to see companies like ForeFlight taking advantage of cost-effective solutions, such as tablet computers, to improve all types of aviation. It’s rewarding to see Tyson and Jason receive this well-deserved recognition.”
“ForeFlight has been an incredible adventure. It is deeply satisfying and the thrill of a lifetime to have put together a team that has built such an amazing product that our customers love – for that, we will be forever thankful.” – Tyson Weihs, ForeFlight co-founder and CEO.
The “Living Legends of Aviation Awards” are produced by the Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate children about and spark their interest in aviation. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of astronaut Gene Cernan. Other honorees include General Jack Dailey, retiring director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for 17 years, and United States Senator Jim Inhofe, the only member of the Senate to fly around the world. A full list of award recipients can be found at livinglegendsofaviation.org.
A short video about Tyson and Jason that will be shown at the Living Legends ceremony can be viewed here.
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying