ForeFlight co-founders Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller will be presented with the Aviation Entrepreneur of the Year Award during the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation award ceremony, an event that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation. The ceremony, hosted by John Travolta and Harrison Ford, will be held January 19, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.
In 2007, Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller started ForeFlight with one guiding mission: to create software that made flight planning easier. Today, ForeFlight has not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but also serves the needs of pilots and flight departments all over the world across all segments of aviation including personal, business, military, commercial, and education.
Mark Baker, President and CEO of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and 2017 Living Legends Hall of Fame inductee, echoes the thoughts of many long-time ForeFlight customers, “Innovation is an important part of growing the pilot population and improving safety. We are pleased to see companies like ForeFlight taking advantage of cost-effective solutions, such as tablet computers, to improve all types of aviation. It’s rewarding to see Tyson and Jason receive this well-deserved recognition.”
“ForeFlight has been an incredible adventure. It is deeply satisfying and the thrill of a lifetime to have put together a team that has built such an amazing product that our customers love – for that, we will be forever thankful.” – Tyson Weihs, ForeFlight co-founder and CEO.
The “Living Legends of Aviation Awards” are produced by the Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate children about and spark their interest in aviation. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of astronaut Gene Cernan. Other honorees include General Jack Dailey, retiring director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for 17 years, and United States Senator Jim Inhofe, the only member of the Senate to fly around the world. A full list of award recipients can be found at livinglegendsofaviation.org.
A short video about Tyson and Jason that will be shown at the Living Legends ceremony can be viewed here.
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Japan Coast Guard acquires four Bell 505s
- CHC Appoints New General Counsel
- Alyssum Group acquires aviation services company RocketRoute