ForeFlight co-founders Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller will be presented with the Aviation Entrepreneur of the Year Award during the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation award ceremony, an event that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation. The ceremony, hosted by John Travolta and Harrison Ford, will be held January 19, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.
In 2007, Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller started ForeFlight with one guiding mission: to create software that made flight planning easier. Today, ForeFlight has not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but also serves the needs of pilots and flight departments all over the world across all segments of aviation including personal, business, military, commercial, and education.
Mark Baker, President and CEO of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and 2017 Living Legends Hall of Fame inductee, echoes the thoughts of many long-time ForeFlight customers, “Innovation is an important part of growing the pilot population and improving safety. We are pleased to see companies like ForeFlight taking advantage of cost-effective solutions, such as tablet computers, to improve all types of aviation. It’s rewarding to see Tyson and Jason receive this well-deserved recognition.”
“ForeFlight has been an incredible adventure. It is deeply satisfying and the thrill of a lifetime to have put together a team that has built such an amazing product that our customers love – for that, we will be forever thankful.” – Tyson Weihs, ForeFlight co-founder and CEO.
The “Living Legends of Aviation Awards” are produced by the Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate children about and spark their interest in aviation. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of astronaut Gene Cernan. Other honorees include General Jack Dailey, retiring director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for 17 years, and United States Senator Jim Inhofe, the only member of the Senate to fly around the world. A full list of award recipients can be found at livinglegendsofaviation.org.
A short video about Tyson and Jason that will be shown at the Living Legends ceremony can be viewed here.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary