ForeFlight co-founders Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller will be presented with the Aviation Entrepreneur of the Year Award during the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation award ceremony, an event that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation. The ceremony, hosted by John Travolta and Harrison Ford, will be held January 19, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.
In 2007, Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller started ForeFlight with one guiding mission: to create software that made flight planning easier. Today, ForeFlight has not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but also serves the needs of pilots and flight departments all over the world across all segments of aviation including personal, business, military, commercial, and education.
Mark Baker, President and CEO of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and 2017 Living Legends Hall of Fame inductee, echoes the thoughts of many long-time ForeFlight customers, “Innovation is an important part of growing the pilot population and improving safety. We are pleased to see companies like ForeFlight taking advantage of cost-effective solutions, such as tablet computers, to improve all types of aviation. It’s rewarding to see Tyson and Jason receive this well-deserved recognition.”
“ForeFlight has been an incredible adventure. It is deeply satisfying and the thrill of a lifetime to have put together a team that has built such an amazing product that our customers love – for that, we will be forever thankful.” – Tyson Weihs, ForeFlight co-founder and CEO.
The “Living Legends of Aviation Awards” are produced by the Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate children about and spark their interest in aviation. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of astronaut Gene Cernan. Other honorees include General Jack Dailey, retiring director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for 17 years, and United States Senator Jim Inhofe, the only member of the Senate to fly around the world. A full list of award recipients can be found at livinglegendsofaviation.org.
A short video about Tyson and Jason that will be shown at the Living Legends ceremony can be viewed here.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin