The rapid response emergency service won the 2017 Air Ambulance Service Award at a glittering event at the Grange Hotel, London.
The Health Business Awards recognise and celebrate the significant contributions made each year by organisations and individuals that work inside and alongside the NHS. They were presented by broadcaster, journalist and physician Dr Phil Hammond.
Yorkshire Air Ambulance serves five million people across Yorkshire and carries out over 1,250 missions every year and needs to raise £12,000 every day to keep saving lives.
Over the last 12 months, the charity has fully brought into service two, new state-of-the-art Airbus H145
helicopters, which carry the latest generation of medical equipment.
The YAA has also introduced extended night flying hours and started carrying blood on board for the first time enabling critically injured patients to receive transfusions at the scene of accidents or in the air.
Abby Barmby, YAA Director of Marketing and Communications, said: “2017 was a major year for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and we are delighted that our achievements as a service have been recognised with this prestigious award.
“For us, this success reinforces our commitment to providing the best possible Air Ambulance service to the people of Yorkshire and it’s visitors. We really are very humbled to have been given this award.”
Photo caption: Yorkshire Air Ambulance Director of Marketing and Communications Abby Barmby (centre) and Marketing and Communications Manager Olivia Johnson receive the Air Ambulance Service Award at the Health Business Awards from Dr Phil Hammond.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary