The Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS) has submitted plans for an upgrade to its Cumbrian airbase.
The charity is hoping to extend its base at Langwathby, near Penrith, to include space for research and training as well as providing essential facilities for its operational aircrew.
Plans have been submitted to Eden District Council for the replacement of GNAAS’ existing modular units with new ones measuring 22m x 6m.
GNAAS is the only air ambulance based in the county and Grahame Pickering MBE, the charity’s chief executive, said these plans were in part responding to the continued demand for the organisation’s services.
He said: “The people of Cumbria have taken this air ambulance to their heart, and as long as they continue to support us we want to be based here in the centre of the county, ready to respond 365 days a year.
“We attended 354 incidents in Cumbria alone during the last financial year, so it’s vital that we are able to offer our expert clinicians and pilots a base that allows them to develop their skills, to welcome visitors and to catch up on their other project work between these high-intensity missions. We believe this facility will allow us to do that.”
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T