Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS (Unmanned Air System) proved its suitability for search and rescue missions as part of an ongoing homicide investigation in Stiwoll, Austria, in late 2017.
In the first operation of its kind, Schiebel provided Austrian law enforcement with a CAMCOPTER® S-100 and operating personnel to assist in the search for a double homicide suspect assumed to be hiding in a forest region. Compared to manned helicopters, the S-100 offers a more cost- and mission-effective solution for conducting such exploration tasks. Its endurance of up to six hours within a 200-km radius provides the S-100 with enhanced operational capability that enables substantially extended search flight missions. This unique unmanned system permits operatives to systematically cover larger areas and gather crucial intelligence in the form of real-time day and night electro-optical / infrared video footage in less time.
The ability to collect and analyze imagery simultaneously in a controlled environment on the ground presents another mission-critical advantage. Such a setting is far more conducive for effective analysis and target pick-up than on board a helicopter and considerably improves the probability of successful detection. The S-100’s small logistical footprint as well as its rapid deployment and ease of operation further add to the suitability of the UAS for search and rescue missions.
“This is a prime example for the potential civil use of a UAS such as the S-100,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “Of course we gave our full support to the special investigative team in its efforts to conduct a rapid and efficient search of wide rural areas and bring this case to a successful conclusion.”
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying