Subaru Corporation today celebrated the completion of a new facility that will be utilized for the maintenance of the next-generation utility helicopter (the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force UH-X*1) and the new commercial variant of the 412EPI*2 helicopter at its Aerospace Company Utsunomiya Plant, Tochigi Prefecture.
The Aerospace Company conducts periodical maintenance, repair and overhaul on approximately 100 aircraft annually, including the UH-1J utility helicopter and other aircraft for the Japan Ground, Maritime and Air Self Defense Forces as well as helicopters for the Japan Coast Guard, central and local governments such as fire departments and police departments. With the completion of this new facility having floor area of approximately 3,700 m2, the Aerospace Company intends to increase its maintenance capacity by 30%, i.e. 130 aircraft per year.
In this next-generation helicopter business, Subaru plans to enhance the production infrastructure and to contribute to further promoting the aerospace industry, through collaboration with foreign and domestic partners and suppliers, including those in the Tochigi region.
As a company of the aviation industry located in the ”Greater Tokyo” area, Subaru aims to continue to grow by maintaining and enhancing the trust of customers and also by partnering together with local communities.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin