Subaru Corporation today celebrated the completion of a new facility that will be utilized for the maintenance of the next-generation utility helicopter (the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force UH-X*1) and the new commercial variant of the 412EPI*2 helicopter at its Aerospace Company Utsunomiya Plant, Tochigi Prefecture.
The Aerospace Company conducts periodical maintenance, repair and overhaul on approximately 100 aircraft annually, including the UH-1J utility helicopter and other aircraft for the Japan Ground, Maritime and Air Self Defense Forces as well as helicopters for the Japan Coast Guard, central and local governments such as fire departments and police departments. With the completion of this new facility having floor area of approximately 3,700 m2, the Aerospace Company intends to increase its maintenance capacity by 30%, i.e. 130 aircraft per year.
In this next-generation helicopter business, Subaru plans to enhance the production infrastructure and to contribute to further promoting the aerospace industry, through collaboration with foreign and domestic partners and suppliers, including those in the Tochigi region.
As a company of the aviation industry located in the ”Greater Tokyo” area, Subaru aims to continue to grow by maintaining and enhancing the trust of customers and also by partnering together with local communities.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary