Subaru Corporation today celebrated the completion of a new facility that will be utilized for the maintenance of the next-generation utility helicopter (the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force UH-X*1) and the new commercial variant of the 412EPI*2 helicopter at its Aerospace Company Utsunomiya Plant, Tochigi Prefecture.
The Aerospace Company conducts periodical maintenance, repair and overhaul on approximately 100 aircraft annually, including the UH-1J utility helicopter and other aircraft for the Japan Ground, Maritime and Air Self Defense Forces as well as helicopters for the Japan Coast Guard, central and local governments such as fire departments and police departments. With the completion of this new facility having floor area of approximately 3,700 m2, the Aerospace Company intends to increase its maintenance capacity by 30%, i.e. 130 aircraft per year.
In this next-generation helicopter business, Subaru plans to enhance the production infrastructure and to contribute to further promoting the aerospace industry, through collaboration with foreign and domestic partners and suppliers, including those in the Tochigi region.
As a company of the aviation industry located in the ”Greater Tokyo” area, Subaru aims to continue to grow by maintaining and enhancing the trust of customers and also by partnering together with local communities.
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’
- Kopter Group appoints VP of Business Development for US market
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- HFI Silent Auction Opens Today
- Production of T408 engine begins for CH-53K
- London Air Ambulance appoints new director
- Liebherr contracting for Airbus H160 heating valves
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Airbus Helicopters name new CEO
- Smartphone app released for Heli-Expo 2018
- Army aviators testing next generation air-to-ground missile