Frasca International has launched a new, lower priced Helicopter Training Device (HTD). The HTD™ is designed for helicopter air ambulance providers, airborne law enforcement, introductory turbine transition training, and ab-initio flight schools. Frasca will display the HTD™ at their booth (N3909) at Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas.
Frasca, a flight simulator manufacturer well known for their high fidelity flight training devices (FTDs) and full flight simulators (FFSs), developed the HTD™ in response to customer demand for a helicopter training device that had a lower price point but still delivered the features required to meet their training objectives.
The Frasca HTD™ comes standard with one aircraft configuration kit (B206, B407, R44, AS350), Garmin G500H or analog instrument panel, Garmin GTN 650, Collective grip based on aircraft configuration kit (governed or ungoverned piston, modulated, or FADEC), annunciator Panel and Circuit Breakers required in RFM procedures, Frasca’s Helicopter Mission Training Database, Single Channel Visual System, Frasca’s Simplicity™ Touch-Screen Instructor Station (IOS) and will be AATD qualified.
Additional aircraft kits can be purchased to add training value, and optional features include:
•3 channel visual display system
•Trailer for mobility or self-contained facility
Frasca designed the HTD™ for IIMC – inadvertant IMC encounters as well as operational and procedural training. The HTD was engineered using aerodynamic technology filtered down from the FFSs and FTDs Frasca is known for, with the goal of providing training value with a no-nonsense approach. The first launch customer for the Frasca HTD™ is Air Evac Lifeteam, who have taken delivery of seven B206 HTDs earlier this year. Six of the devices are housed in trailers for the option of mobile training.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service