Frasca International has launched a new, lower priced Helicopter Training Device (HTD). The HTD™ is designed for helicopter air ambulance providers, airborne law enforcement, introductory turbine transition training, and ab-initio flight schools. Frasca will display the HTD™ at their booth (N3909) at Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas.
Frasca, a flight simulator manufacturer well known for their high fidelity flight training devices (FTDs) and full flight simulators (FFSs), developed the HTD™ in response to customer demand for a helicopter training device that had a lower price point but still delivered the features required to meet their training objectives.
The Frasca HTD™ comes standard with one aircraft configuration kit (B206, B407, R44, AS350), Garmin G500H or analog instrument panel, Garmin GTN 650, Collective grip based on aircraft configuration kit (governed or ungoverned piston, modulated, or FADEC), annunciator Panel and Circuit Breakers required in RFM procedures, Frasca’s Helicopter Mission Training Database, Single Channel Visual System, Frasca’s Simplicity™ Touch-Screen Instructor Station (IOS) and will be AATD qualified.
Additional aircraft kits can be purchased to add training value, and optional features include:
•3 channel visual display system
•Trailer for mobility or self-contained facility
Frasca designed the HTD™ for IIMC – inadvertant IMC encounters as well as operational and procedural training. The HTD was engineered using aerodynamic technology filtered down from the FFSs and FTDs Frasca is known for, with the goal of providing training value with a no-nonsense approach. The first launch customer for the Frasca HTD™ is Air Evac Lifeteam, who have taken delivery of seven B206 HTDs earlier this year. Six of the devices are housed in trailers for the option of mobile training.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point