Frasca International has launched a new, lower priced Helicopter Training Device (HTD). The HTD™ is designed for helicopter air ambulance providers, airborne law enforcement, introductory turbine transition training, and ab-initio flight schools. Frasca will display the HTD™ at their booth (N3909) at Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas.
Frasca, a flight simulator manufacturer well known for their high fidelity flight training devices (FTDs) and full flight simulators (FFSs), developed the HTD™ in response to customer demand for a helicopter training device that had a lower price point but still delivered the features required to meet their training objectives.
The Frasca HTD™ comes standard with one aircraft configuration kit (B206, B407, R44, AS350), Garmin G500H or analog instrument panel, Garmin GTN 650, Collective grip based on aircraft configuration kit (governed or ungoverned piston, modulated, or FADEC), annunciator Panel and Circuit Breakers required in RFM procedures, Frasca’s Helicopter Mission Training Database, Single Channel Visual System, Frasca’s Simplicity™ Touch-Screen Instructor Station (IOS) and will be AATD qualified.
Additional aircraft kits can be purchased to add training value, and optional features include:
•3 channel visual display system
•Trailer for mobility or self-contained facility
Frasca designed the HTD™ for IIMC – inadvertant IMC encounters as well as operational and procedural training. The HTD was engineered using aerodynamic technology filtered down from the FFSs and FTDs Frasca is known for, with the goal of providing training value with a no-nonsense approach. The first launch customer for the Frasca HTD™ is Air Evac Lifeteam, who have taken delivery of seven B206 HTDs earlier this year. Six of the devices are housed in trailers for the option of mobile training.
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California