LORD Corporation — a leader in the management of vibration, noise and motion control – will be offering elastomeric component customer training as part of the scheduled Manufacturer Technical Briefings at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 in Las Vegas.
Used extensively on all modern helicopters, elastomeric components contribute to the improved performance and increased reliability seen in these aircraft. Comprised of new and sometimes unfamiliar technologies, these components are not always well understood by the maintenance personnel and pilots that are required to inspect them routinely. To prevent premature removal of parts and to educate users on the construction and workings of these complex components, LORD encourages helicopter maintenance technicians attending HELI-EXPO to participate in the training course.
The 50-minute elastomeric component training will cover the construction, function, maintenance and inspection of these various types of components, then conclude with a question and answer session. As part of the Manufacturer Technical Briefings, this training course meets FAA requirements for renewal of inspection authorization certificates. Francois Magnan, LORD Customer Manager for the U.S. and Canada, will present the briefing Feb. 27 at 4 p.m. in room N254, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Manufacturers Technical Briefings are held outside the exhibition hall and offered free of charge.
“During the last year, I have hosted more than 20 of these types of educational briefings,” said Magnan, “and I am always amazed that the most knowledgeable of maintenance professionals attend and gain insight. No matter your level of experience, I invite you to attend.”
Magnan began his aviation career with the Aircraft Maintenance program at the Québec National Institute of Aeronautics (ENA) in 1977, then worked for various helicopter operators including 27 years with Bell Helicopter Product Support and Technical Publications. He joined LORD Corporation in 2014. He has extensive technical knowledge on helicopter operations and maintenance, and has provided training and briefings for customers in more than 45 countries around the world.
The annual HAI HELI-EXPO is the world’s largest helicopter trade show and exhibition for operators, pilots, maintenance technicians, managers and safety professionals. This year’s HAI HELI-EXPO takes place Feb. 26 – March 1. LORD Corporation will be exhibiting at Booth Number C4439.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved