LORD Corporation — a leader in the management of vibration, noise and motion control – will be offering elastomeric component customer training as part of the scheduled Manufacturer Technical Briefings at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 in Las Vegas.
Used extensively on all modern helicopters, elastomeric components contribute to the improved performance and increased reliability seen in these aircraft. Comprised of new and sometimes unfamiliar technologies, these components are not always well understood by the maintenance personnel and pilots that are required to inspect them routinely. To prevent premature removal of parts and to educate users on the construction and workings of these complex components, LORD encourages helicopter maintenance technicians attending HELI-EXPO to participate in the training course.
The 50-minute elastomeric component training will cover the construction, function, maintenance and inspection of these various types of components, then conclude with a question and answer session. As part of the Manufacturer Technical Briefings, this training course meets FAA requirements for renewal of inspection authorization certificates. Francois Magnan, LORD Customer Manager for the U.S. and Canada, will present the briefing Feb. 27 at 4 p.m. in room N254, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Manufacturers Technical Briefings are held outside the exhibition hall and offered free of charge.
“During the last year, I have hosted more than 20 of these types of educational briefings,” said Magnan, “and I am always amazed that the most knowledgeable of maintenance professionals attend and gain insight. No matter your level of experience, I invite you to attend.”
Magnan began his aviation career with the Aircraft Maintenance program at the Québec National Institute of Aeronautics (ENA) in 1977, then worked for various helicopter operators including 27 years with Bell Helicopter Product Support and Technical Publications. He joined LORD Corporation in 2014. He has extensive technical knowledge on helicopter operations and maintenance, and has provided training and briefings for customers in more than 45 countries around the world.
The annual HAI HELI-EXPO is the world’s largest helicopter trade show and exhibition for operators, pilots, maintenance technicians, managers and safety professionals. This year’s HAI HELI-EXPO takes place Feb. 26 – March 1. LORD Corporation will be exhibiting at Booth Number C4439.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride