LORD Corporation — a leader in the management of vibration, noise and motion control – will be offering elastomeric component customer training as part of the scheduled Manufacturer Technical Briefings at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 in Las Vegas.
Used extensively on all modern helicopters, elastomeric components contribute to the improved performance and increased reliability seen in these aircraft. Comprised of new and sometimes unfamiliar technologies, these components are not always well understood by the maintenance personnel and pilots that are required to inspect them routinely. To prevent premature removal of parts and to educate users on the construction and workings of these complex components, LORD encourages helicopter maintenance technicians attending HELI-EXPO to participate in the training course.
The 50-minute elastomeric component training will cover the construction, function, maintenance and inspection of these various types of components, then conclude with a question and answer session. As part of the Manufacturer Technical Briefings, this training course meets FAA requirements for renewal of inspection authorization certificates. Francois Magnan, LORD Customer Manager for the U.S. and Canada, will present the briefing Feb. 27 at 4 p.m. in room N254, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Manufacturers Technical Briefings are held outside the exhibition hall and offered free of charge.
“During the last year, I have hosted more than 20 of these types of educational briefings,” said Magnan, “and I am always amazed that the most knowledgeable of maintenance professionals attend and gain insight. No matter your level of experience, I invite you to attend.”
Magnan began his aviation career with the Aircraft Maintenance program at the Québec National Institute of Aeronautics (ENA) in 1977, then worked for various helicopter operators including 27 years with Bell Helicopter Product Support and Technical Publications. He joined LORD Corporation in 2014. He has extensive technical knowledge on helicopter operations and maintenance, and has provided training and briefings for customers in more than 45 countries around the world.
The annual HAI HELI-EXPO is the world’s largest helicopter trade show and exhibition for operators, pilots, maintenance technicians, managers and safety professionals. This year’s HAI HELI-EXPO takes place Feb. 26 – March 1. LORD Corporation will be exhibiting at Booth Number C4439.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary