Air Total has been awarded a 2 year Jet A-1 Contract with Wiking Helicopters to commence in January 2018 to work on the Galloper Wind Farm project. Managed by Innogy SE on behalf of the other partners the project will generate enough power for up to 380,700 homes. Around 700 UK jobs are being created during the construction of the wind farm, and 90 long-term east coast jobs will be created, once it is operational.
Total will supply Wiking with Jet A-1 as well as providing a fully self bunded refuelling tank with pumps that allow Wiking to fuel their aircraft and support a number of offshore customers with personnel and material. As part of this contract Total will assist with practical and fuel quality control training to ensure that Wiking Helicopters are flying their missions as safely as possible.
Since its founding in August 1975, Wiking has flown more than 112,000 flight hours accident-free, mostly in missions in the sea and coastal areas of the North Sea. In addition to supplying offshore facilities, more than 55,000 flights were carried out accident-free in the Seelotsenversetzdienst.
Since the beginning of the first construction activities of offshore wind farms, Wiking has been carrying out supply flights and crew changes in the North Sea
“One of the Total group’s aims is to be the Responsible Energy Major so it made perfect sense for us to support this project and was important for us to do so” Ben Marchant, General Aviation Manager at Total UK
The contract means that Air Total will continue to work closely with Wiking in areas such as fuel quality and standards, as well as ensuring security of supply to ensure the risk of fuel shortage at the site is completely minimised.
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California