Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the delivery of two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters to Asian Aviation Resources Pte. Ltd. in Cambodia.
One of the helicopters, which will be operated by Helicopters Cambodia, will be used to facilitate the United States Department of Defense’s Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in their efforts to find missing US military personnel in Southeast Asia. The other helicopter will be used for tourism related charters.
“We are proud to play a role in the US DPAA’s noble mission to reunite missing United States military personnel with their families and to give an account to the nation. Once again, our thoughts and gratitude go out to all the families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we as Americans enjoy today,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “We look forward to working with the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia to ensure the success of both the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia’s missions throughout Southeast Asia and beyond.”
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to the ever-changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd