Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the delivery of two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters to Asian Aviation Resources Pte. Ltd. in Cambodia.
One of the helicopters, which will be operated by Helicopters Cambodia, will be used to facilitate the United States Department of Defense’s Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in their efforts to find missing US military personnel in Southeast Asia. The other helicopter will be used for tourism related charters.
“We are proud to play a role in the US DPAA’s noble mission to reunite missing United States military personnel with their families and to give an account to the nation. Once again, our thoughts and gratitude go out to all the families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we as Americans enjoy today,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “We look forward to working with the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia to ensure the success of both the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia’s missions throughout Southeast Asia and beyond.”
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to the ever-changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s