Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the delivery of two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters to Asian Aviation Resources Pte. Ltd. in Cambodia.
One of the helicopters, which will be operated by Helicopters Cambodia, will be used to facilitate the United States Department of Defense’s Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in their efforts to find missing US military personnel in Southeast Asia. The other helicopter will be used for tourism related charters.
“We are proud to play a role in the US DPAA’s noble mission to reunite missing United States military personnel with their families and to give an account to the nation. Once again, our thoughts and gratitude go out to all the families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we as Americans enjoy today,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “We look forward to working with the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia to ensure the success of both the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia’s missions throughout Southeast Asia and beyond.”
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to the ever-changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California