Airbus Helicopters and Thai Aviation Industries (TAI) have signed an agreement to support all Airbus’ military and law enforcement helicopters in Thailand, over two years.
Under this agreement, TAI will become the main Airbus Helicopters’ service provider in Thailand for the Royal Thai Armed Forces and Royal Thai Police. Airbus Helicopters’ signature HCare suite of aftersales services, spare parts, tools and training will now be easily availed to the locally-based military and law enforcement operators through TAI.
The Royal Thai Armed Forces and Royal Thai Police currently operate a strong fleet of about 40 helicopters, which includes the light single engine H125M, twin engine H145, H145M, UH72, medium twin engine AS365, H155, H175 and heavy tactical H225M. These helicopters are deployed for various missions within the Royal Thai Air Force, Army, Navy, Police and the Survey Department.
Air Chief Marshal Nitat Sirimas from Thai Aviation Industries said, “This new partnership will reinforce our position as a world class aviation service provider here at home, while globalising our operations to provide quality service of international standards. We are looking forward to opening a new chapter with Airbus Helicopters, bringing Thailand’s technical competency in helicopter maintenance to greater heights.”
“We are very happy to collaborate with TAI to bolster our support for the military and law enforcement operators in Thailand. TAI is a dependable partner and is the most suitable focal point between Airbus, the Royal Thai Armed Forces and Royal Thai Police,” said Philippe Monteux, Head of Southeast Asia and Pacific of Airbus Helicopters. “Through this new milestone agreement, Airbus’ impressive range of helicopter services will now be available in-country, as we stay committed to developing a strong ecosystem for our customers.”
Spanning material management, helicopter maintenance and upgrades, technical support, training and flight operations, as well as connected services, Airbus Helicopters’ highly flexible HCare range of customer support solutions helps enhance operators’ helicopters availability and optimise their maintenance scheduling.
- Russian Helicopters offers state-of-the-art civil rotorcraft to African customers
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety