Robinson has added wire strike protection provisions to its R66 options list. Available only on R66 helicopters, the provisions are FAA certified and allow for easy, bolt-on installation of Magellan’s WSPS (Wire Strike Protection System) sold separately by Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg, Canada.
Robinson provisions add 7 lb to the empty weight of the helicopter and include reinforcement and attach points on the windshield bow, roof, and chin, with low-profile deflectors near the ground handling ball and forward landing gear struts. MSRP $4,200.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS, complete with wire deflectors and cutting blades adds 16 lb. to the empty weight of the helicopter. The system is available as a kit compatible with Robinson factory-installed provisions for $16,000 or as a complete aftermarket kit with field-installable provisions for $22,800.
The complete wire strike prevention system will be on display at this year’s Heli-Expo February 26, thru March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California