Robinson has added wire strike protection provisions to its R66 options list. Available only on R66 helicopters, the provisions are FAA certified and allow for easy, bolt-on installation of Magellan’s WSPS (Wire Strike Protection System) sold separately by Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg, Canada.
Robinson provisions add 7 lb to the empty weight of the helicopter and include reinforcement and attach points on the windshield bow, roof, and chin, with low-profile deflectors near the ground handling ball and forward landing gear struts. MSRP $4,200.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS, complete with wire deflectors and cutting blades adds 16 lb. to the empty weight of the helicopter. The system is available as a kit compatible with Robinson factory-installed provisions for $16,000 or as a complete aftermarket kit with field-installable provisions for $22,800.
The complete wire strike prevention system will be on display at this year’s Heli-Expo February 26, thru March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part