Robinson has added wire strike protection provisions to its R66 options list. Available only on R66 helicopters, the provisions are FAA certified and allow for easy, bolt-on installation of Magellan’s WSPS (Wire Strike Protection System) sold separately by Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg, Canada.
Robinson provisions add 7 lb to the empty weight of the helicopter and include reinforcement and attach points on the windshield bow, roof, and chin, with low-profile deflectors near the ground handling ball and forward landing gear struts. MSRP $4,200.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS, complete with wire deflectors and cutting blades adds 16 lb. to the empty weight of the helicopter. The system is available as a kit compatible with Robinson factory-installed provisions for $16,000 or as a complete aftermarket kit with field-installable provisions for $22,800.
The complete wire strike prevention system will be on display at this year’s Heli-Expo February 26, thru March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407