Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse SAS, Toulouse (France) has been selected by Airbus Helicopters to supply the heating valves for its H160 helicopter program. Liebherr-Aerospace will not only develop, qualify and manu-facture the environmental control system components, but the company will also service them.
Liebherr will supply two valves of the heating system that will be installed in the helicopter in order to provide hot air to the cabin, allowing to adjust the temperature inside the cabin and to demist the window panes of the helicopter.
Liebherr-Aerospace incorporated its latest innovations from the field of high-precision electro-mechanical controls into the design of the highly reliable heating valves. Made of light-weight aluminum, they contribute to the optimization of the helicopter’s operating costs.
The contract for the heating valves is the second order Liebherr-Aerospace received in the H160 program: In September 2012, the company was selected to supply the main rotor actuator for the medium twin engine aircraft designed as the successor of the Dauphin helicopter.
Moreover, Liebherr supplies flight control, landing gear and air management systems or components for almost all of Airbus Helicopters’ rotor wing families.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved