Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse SAS, Toulouse (France) has been selected by Airbus Helicopters to supply the heating valves for its H160 helicopter program. Liebherr-Aerospace will not only develop, qualify and manu-facture the environmental control system components, but the company will also service them.
Liebherr will supply two valves of the heating system that will be installed in the helicopter in order to provide hot air to the cabin, allowing to adjust the temperature inside the cabin and to demist the window panes of the helicopter.
Liebherr-Aerospace incorporated its latest innovations from the field of high-precision electro-mechanical controls into the design of the highly reliable heating valves. Made of light-weight aluminum, they contribute to the optimization of the helicopter’s operating costs.
The contract for the heating valves is the second order Liebherr-Aerospace received in the H160 program: In September 2012, the company was selected to supply the main rotor actuator for the medium twin engine aircraft designed as the successor of the Dauphin helicopter.
Moreover, Liebherr supplies flight control, landing gear and air management systems or components for almost all of Airbus Helicopters’ rotor wing families.
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407