Leading national air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation and Care Flight, a medical flight service of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA), have partnered to provide helicopter medical service to large parts of Nevada and California.
“Care Flight is thrilled to partner with Med-Trans to provide rotor-wing critical care transportation across the region,” said Dean Dow, president and chief executive officer, REMSA – Care Flight. “Med-Trans’ safety record and its commitment to patient-care excellence made it an ideal partner for Care Flight.”
In February, Med-Trans began providing flight services, including rotor wing pilots and maintenance crewmembers, to Care Flight’s four helicopter bases in Fallon and Gardnerville, Nev. and Truckee and Beckwourth, Calif. Care Flight’s rotor wing service area covers more than 50,000 square miles of northeastern California and west central Nevada.
“Med-Trans is very pleased to partner with REMSA’s Care Flight operations in Nevada and California,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “It has been a pleasure working out the details and embarking on this new Care Flight partnership, which will benefit the more than 1,500 patients that Care Flight cares for every year.”
Med-Trans now operates four Airbus AStar helicopters for Care Flight with a range of approximately 300 statute miles and a maximum speed of nearly 150 mph. The Care Flight / Med-Trans partnership can respond to most areas of the region in less than an hour.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing intimate relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Northrop Grumman awarded $15M contract for MH-60S ALMDS fabrication
- Airbus delivers first H145s to Rega
- Maverick Helicopters joins air program for Burning Man 2018
- Biggin Hill Airport sets up Heli shuttle in New York
- Offshore Helicopter Industry Leaders Speak On Next Steps to Enhance Safety
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo