Leading national air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation and Care Flight, a medical flight service of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA), have partnered to provide helicopter medical service to large parts of Nevada and California.
“Care Flight is thrilled to partner with Med-Trans to provide rotor-wing critical care transportation across the region,” said Dean Dow, president and chief executive officer, REMSA – Care Flight. “Med-Trans’ safety record and its commitment to patient-care excellence made it an ideal partner for Care Flight.”
In February, Med-Trans began providing flight services, including rotor wing pilots and maintenance crewmembers, to Care Flight’s four helicopter bases in Fallon and Gardnerville, Nev. and Truckee and Beckwourth, Calif. Care Flight’s rotor wing service area covers more than 50,000 square miles of northeastern California and west central Nevada.
“Med-Trans is very pleased to partner with REMSA’s Care Flight operations in Nevada and California,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “It has been a pleasure working out the details and embarking on this new Care Flight partnership, which will benefit the more than 1,500 patients that Care Flight cares for every year.”
Med-Trans now operates four Airbus AStar helicopters for Care Flight with a range of approximately 300 statute miles and a maximum speed of nearly 150 mph. The Care Flight / Med-Trans partnership can respond to most areas of the region in less than an hour.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing intimate relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders