EnBW has selected the WINDEAcare medical care concept to be used during the construction of the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
As of February 2018, WINDEAcare is responsible for the care and rescue of sick or injured persons 24/7 during the entire installation period of the wind farms.
Northern HeliCopter will provide a rescue helicopter with flight and medical crew in St. Peter-Ording, while Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe will support the construction activities with a paramedic offshore, who will be the first point of contact for questions and emergencies on board and at the wind farm.
The offshore medic is supported by a special telemedicine device from IQ. medworks, which records data and sends it to the associated center at the Klinikum Oldenburg, where the patient is cared for by specialists via live connection, WINDEAcare said.
“The offshore wind farms are being built further and further away from the mainland, with all the consequences for crews offshore and our responsibility. Our holistic approach has proven its worth here, from permanent support to rapid emergency response through powerful helicopters and our own dispatch centre,” said Frank Zabell, Managing Director of Northern HeliCopter.
Located some 95km north of Borkum and 100km northwest of Heligoland, the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms will feature a total of 107 Siemens SWT-7.0-154 wind turbines with a combined capacity of 609MW.
Enbridge Inc. and Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW) are jointly developing the two find farms, which are scheduled for commissioning in 2019.
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS
- Appareo expands AML-STC for Stratus ADS-B Out transponders
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey