EnBW has selected the WINDEAcare medical care concept to be used during the construction of the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
As of February 2018, WINDEAcare is responsible for the care and rescue of sick or injured persons 24/7 during the entire installation period of the wind farms.
Northern HeliCopter will provide a rescue helicopter with flight and medical crew in St. Peter-Ording, while Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe will support the construction activities with a paramedic offshore, who will be the first point of contact for questions and emergencies on board and at the wind farm.
The offshore medic is supported by a special telemedicine device from IQ. medworks, which records data and sends it to the associated center at the Klinikum Oldenburg, where the patient is cared for by specialists via live connection, WINDEAcare said.
“The offshore wind farms are being built further and further away from the mainland, with all the consequences for crews offshore and our responsibility. Our holistic approach has proven its worth here, from permanent support to rapid emergency response through powerful helicopters and our own dispatch centre,” said Frank Zabell, Managing Director of Northern HeliCopter.
Located some 95km north of Borkum and 100km northwest of Heligoland, the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms will feature a total of 107 Siemens SWT-7.0-154 wind turbines with a combined capacity of 609MW.
Enbridge Inc. and Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW) are jointly developing the two find farms, which are scheduled for commissioning in 2019.
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018