EnBW has selected the WINDEAcare medical care concept to be used during the construction of the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
As of February 2018, WINDEAcare is responsible for the care and rescue of sick or injured persons 24/7 during the entire installation period of the wind farms.
Northern HeliCopter will provide a rescue helicopter with flight and medical crew in St. Peter-Ording, while Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe will support the construction activities with a paramedic offshore, who will be the first point of contact for questions and emergencies on board and at the wind farm.
The offshore medic is supported by a special telemedicine device from IQ. medworks, which records data and sends it to the associated center at the Klinikum Oldenburg, where the patient is cared for by specialists via live connection, WINDEAcare said.
“The offshore wind farms are being built further and further away from the mainland, with all the consequences for crews offshore and our responsibility. Our holistic approach has proven its worth here, from permanent support to rapid emergency response through powerful helicopters and our own dispatch centre,” said Frank Zabell, Managing Director of Northern HeliCopter.
Located some 95km north of Borkum and 100km northwest of Heligoland, the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms will feature a total of 107 Siemens SWT-7.0-154 wind turbines with a combined capacity of 609MW.
Enbridge Inc. and Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW) are jointly developing the two find farms, which are scheduled for commissioning in 2019.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner