EnBW has selected the WINDEAcare medical care concept to be used during the construction of the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms in the German North Sea.
As of February 2018, WINDEAcare is responsible for the care and rescue of sick or injured persons 24/7 during the entire installation period of the wind farms.
Northern HeliCopter will provide a rescue helicopter with flight and medical crew in St. Peter-Ording, while Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe will support the construction activities with a paramedic offshore, who will be the first point of contact for questions and emergencies on board and at the wind farm.
The offshore medic is supported by a special telemedicine device from IQ. medworks, which records data and sends it to the associated center at the Klinikum Oldenburg, where the patient is cared for by specialists via live connection, WINDEAcare said.
“The offshore wind farms are being built further and further away from the mainland, with all the consequences for crews offshore and our responsibility. Our holistic approach has proven its worth here, from permanent support to rapid emergency response through powerful helicopters and our own dispatch centre,” said Frank Zabell, Managing Director of Northern HeliCopter.
Located some 95km north of Borkum and 100km northwest of Heligoland, the Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farms will feature a total of 107 Siemens SWT-7.0-154 wind turbines with a combined capacity of 609MW.
Enbridge Inc. and Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW) are jointly developing the two find farms, which are scheduled for commissioning in 2019.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd